Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. I was going to wait for this to pan out before I ranted about how lame this has been, but that would take too long.

Here is the deal. About a month ago I booked a trip to Grand Rapids, Michigan from Orbitz.com. I checked and double checked that last page that come up that you are supposed to print before you close the website. I didn't print it because we don't have a printer but I went over it carefully to make sure that everything was correct. When I got the confirmation email about the trip I checked the airport and the times and closed it. Didn't even think about it till the day before out trip. I forwarded the email to my husband so he could print it and then started running errands so we would be ready to leave the next morning. I was driving our dogs to the boarding facility they stay at when we go out of town and I get a call from my husband. He tells me that the dates on the confirmation email are really weird. We're scheduled to arrive in GR at 4:15 on Friday the 24th, and we;re scheduled to depart at 6:05 the same day.

I thought he was crazy. So I tell him to call Delta and check the confirmation and I'd call him in twenty minuted when I got home to check the email myself. Sure enough I get home, check Gmail ,and my husband is right. So I start freaking out. I thinking I did something horribly wrong and I can't afford to fix it so we're going to be out the money we spent of the flight, and the money we spent on the convention, and then we're not even going to be able to go, etc. etc. Then I call Orbitz. I give them my informtaion and ask them why my flights are showing up weird and they tell me the had a 'glitch' in the system that scheduled a lot of things strange that week. My response was 'You knew about this and you didn't send out an email or a postcard or something? What would you have done if I hadn't noticed? Kept my money and charged me a cancellation fee?' Seriously, they were aware of the problem and didn't inform anyone bout it. then when I call to fix it they tell me my original flight is booked so i'll have to do something else. They expect me to come up what the something else should be. The only option they give me is a flight leaving at 3pm the day we're supposed to leave. I'll be in the convention at 3pm, I can't just leave early. I paid good money for that convention and I'm staying until it's over.

After three hours of yelling and crying and hysterics I finally call my boss and get him to find someont to cover part of my shift on Monday and get Orbitz to book me a new flight that leave an hour later than the original but doesn't arrive till the next morning. Then he tell me that he's going to charge me with the new flight before he can reimburse me for the old flight. He basicly telle me that they screwed up but that I still have to pay the extra for the new flight. I tell him that it's never going to happen because my credit card will never approve with both flights charged to it and besides that they screwed up so they're going to pay the extra. He finally acts like he's doing me some huge favor and tell me that, 'yes, orbits will pay the extra on their own credit card.' He tell me that I'll get an email with the confiration codes for the new flight in about an hour and I hang up.

Later that day I get home from errands start packing and go to look up the new confirmation code and it's not there. It had been six hours and I didn't have confirmation of the new flight. So I get back on the phone and the girl who answers has no idea that our flight was supposed to have been changed. I spend another hour and a half tell her that I spoke to a supervisor for three hours that morning to get this solved and if he didn't actually fix it they would in fact be hearing from my lawer so 'magically' she find our new flight and says that the system won't update till 8 the next morning so that's why we don't have the new codes. I told her that I wasn't getting off the phone till some sort of itinerary came in my email with information of the new flight plan. She started to tell me it wasn't possible when her supervisor told her to just send it. (smart supervisor)

The following morning Delta still thinks we're going on the later flight back. We didn't even tell them we just got to Grand Rapids and went to our convention. I didn't think about yesterday because I wanted to enjoy our trip so this morning after breakfast I check my email and guess what! No confirmation codes!! So I get back on the phone and talk to a guy who send me the original flight codes. I gave up. I told him he was an idiot and hung up. I figure when I get to the airport I'll just ask the gate agent to look for us and see if we have a flight. If we don't I'll be calling my mom so she can book me a flight on her card and I'll be calling a lawyer. Wish me luck.

·
I'm not weird, I'm gifted
1,530 Posts
That is just the most *biip* thing I've ever heard.
It's THEIR fault and there is no doubt that they don't want to do anything for you... they just want more money.
Idiots...
I kinda hope they've messed up so bad that you can get some professionals to look at them, and get a lot of money out of them ;)
Good luck!

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We did make it home safely so I won't be calling a lawyer but I will not be using them in the future and I'm reporting the to the Better Business Bureau.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts