Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I like to draw and craft etc from time to time, and surrounded as I am at the moment with the cutest rattie life has to offer, I have been inspired. This is my first piece of rattie art. It was fun though, so I think there may be more to follow. It's a silhouette on 5"x7" scratchboard. Let me know what you think!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/6281136854/

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
OMG! Thats sooo beautiful.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
I love it! Any kind of art that pays tribute to rats is super in my book!

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, I think I'll do more rat projects in the future. It was really fun. It is interesting that there isn't more artwork depicting rats when you consider the major historical role they have played as well as the fact that they have been domesticated for hundreds of years! We'll just have to rectify that situation!

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Agreed. I am always amazed that rats have been pets going back to the old days of Queen Elizabeth and the royalty in Europe and all that, and I forget that when someone who does not have rats says, "Oh, what an unusual pet!" and it really isn't. ;)

Rats definitely need to be represented more in the creative arts for sure!

·
Betta Bomb
5,202 Posts
That's a sweet picture :)

I was shocked when I found out that the British Elite were the first to domesticate rats back yonder days. Bc now a days the shift to rats being th carriers of the Plague and dirty freak animals is unbelievable. While I don't own any rats, and probably won't unless I ever have kids who want a pet, I still know how awesome they are. I am a defender in rattty rights :D

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It is amazing the rep they have gotten for themselves. People are always surprised when I tell them the truth about ratties.

·
she-mayor of Whoville
289 Posts
hey I just saw this now.. it's really great!!! It does paint a friendly picture of the lil guys and gals... yay!

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Awesome Purple-Hops, I love hearing anyone say they are a defender of Ratty Rights. Hooray!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts