Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
U have a albino oscar and I've had him longer then my tiger oscar and my tiger is now 3 times the size of my albino. The ablino won't seem to grow at all and is being bully to the point I had to put them in different tanks. So why won my oscar grow? Or what can I do to help him get big enought to put back with the other one?

· Registered
23 Posts
You need to get a bigger tank, regardless of their size. Their growth is probably stunted. Albino is bullied and not eat enough. Need to do 1-2 weekly water changes
I rcomend rehoming one., and getting the other in a 75 min.

· Registered
501 Posts
The tanks are not big enough for oscars. Unless you were cleaning those tanks daily, and even then keeping a small oscar tank 'clean and healthy' would have been impossible. Oscars are absolutely filthy beasts, need large tanks and the absolute in filtration

The albino is stunted, small tank, being bullied and not enough food i suspect

You are doing you fish a disservice by keeping them in such small tanks, they need to be rehomed and size appropriate fish bought to replace then

· Resident Aquarium Nerd
10,108 Posts
Sorry but I have to agree with the others, that tank is way too small :(. The smaller Oscar was definitely stunted.

· Registered
23 Posts
Just cycle tank before adding them. Its still too small really for 2. I still recomend rehoming onr. You can do another smaller fish maybe. And look into a canister filter for up to 150g. Due to thr amount of waste you need a large good filter. Rena filsters are affordable, look on amazon

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.