Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I forgot about these pictures until I read the thread about someone wanting to own a fox. Christmas morning we went over to my grandparents house. They have a farm and are very...er... old fashioned I guess is how to put it. My grandpa was losing chickens to a fox, so he set out a live trap and caught the fox Christmas morning '07. We got to see him before my grandpa took him up to the woods (none of the fish and wildlife offices were open). The fox seemed pretty angry about his predicament. He growled or made some weird sound at us when my grandpa took the branches off the trap.

·
Will It Ever Change?
7,346 Posts
wow that's cool! i've never seen a fox that close

·
Jird Jostler
810 Posts
We get red foxes in our garden =] .. Isn't it strange how the foxes in th USA look totally different to the ones in england ?? =]

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We have red foxes too. I think this one is a weird sort of hybrid because we have grayish foxes also. I've never seen one like this before... of course, I don't go tromping around in the Forrest if I can help it. I hate outside!

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
Awww...he is really cute.

I have only seen foxes a couple times in person.Once me and a friend were hiking like 1am and there was a red fox in the bushes on the trail and then a few other times me and an ex would go up to "Cape Spear" - a historic site here and there was this little silver tipped fox (I think thats what it is called) that would come right up to the car begging for food.

Foxes are really cute.

·
Salamander Burgermuffin
2,612 Posts
Wow its beautiful, i guess i can see why people would want them for pets, but i'd be much happier having a bunch of land and a fox making its home there...

The only fox in the wild ive ever seen was dead :( some stupid person shot it with an arrow and left it. and to make matters worse it was on a girl scout camp ground. bleh, i guess im happy we found it before the girls did, but it made me cry, it was so stupid and pointless. :(

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Beautiful pictures. I love foxes, but I'm not sure they were meant to be pets. They are beautiful to see out in the wild if you are lucky enough and :lol: if they aren't eating your chickens!

·
Registered
83 Posts
wow i saw a fox right in my frount yard! I saw it on the 8th just last night and it lokked right at me and then i said shoo and it ran o and my sister saw a buck in are front yard that same night. (buck,male dear)

·
Dinky Gerbilelbow
2,425 Posts
Aww what a gorgeous fox......it looks totally different from the ones we have over here lol. Ours are all red.......there are a couple that live in my area one is very mangey looking the poor little thing and the other one is absolutely huge and has loads of fur!!! They are relatively tame....they dont run away if you happen to walk out on them whilst they going through the bin bags etc lol you can get about 4ft away from them and they just sit there looking at you!!

·
Registered
745 Posts
There is a family of red foxes that live near my dads house. You can always see them around at dawn or dusk. They are so cute! I get to see tons of them because my dad lives right next to Pollock Country Park and it's filled with all sorts of animals if you know where to look ^^

·
Fashion Animal Freak :)
1,307 Posts
Oh winter_frost pollock country park thats where my bf used to live his family still lives in pollock! LOL

Yeah ive never seen a fox before and as cazamps said ours is red!!!

·
Registered
745 Posts
Pollock country park is amazing ^^ I love it. If you go to see your bf's family you have to go and see it.

·
Registered
83 Posts
so cute!!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
In my house i'm always the one to miss the fox :(
It's always my sister telling me we saw a foxey and im like awwww wish i was ther ¬_¬
But that is soo cute:)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Very cool! I saw a fox on Palomar Mountain a few weeks ago.

·
Amateur Zookeeper
3,572 Posts
Thats cool its like grey and red. Poor baby is probably scared to death!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts