Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our Rabbit (LOLA a boy) is my Daughters best friend yesterday afternoon she brought him to me very upset saying he wasn't eating, moving much or nose moving so we kept an eye on him tried to tempt him with his most favorite veggies and he wouldn't eat, all vet's offices were closed.

This morning he laid down and was kicking his lags like he was trying to stand up but couldn't I picked him up and took him to the vet. They think he may have had a seizure but he was dehydrated, hypoglycemic and hypothermic. we gave him fluid (a shot because an IV wouldn't go in) and some meds. I went ahead and brought him home I set him up in a laundry basket on a heating pad with warm towels cocooning him with one of my daughters stuffed animals for her scent and it's covered to get him warm...they told me if he is going to improve I should see a difference in the next few hours at that point I know to syringe feed him pedialite or gatorade...gerber carrots or other veggies and give him some Nutri-Cal every few hours.

I guess it's just a waiting game but does anyone have any other ideas...he will be 3 years old in 2 months and we all love him so much!!!

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
you should bring him to the vet asap

·
Betta Bomb
5,202 Posts
If the vet said to leave him be with what they gave you, then, leave him be. See how he improves. I'm real sorry. It can be real scary when something like this happens but now is the time to teach your daughter about life. I hope Lola pulls through and I give you my best wishes. Bless.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lola passed away around 2pm today, he will be missed he was a wonderful family member....as for teaching my daughter, we're no stranger to death and loss in our family they all 3 understand we won't hide anything from them about the process....it's just never easy to loose someone so close.

We did everything we could but he's in a better place.

Thanks for the replies!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I really don't know he's an inside Bun only, has been his whole life and there are no other pets inside....it's a mystery and very sad mystery. Thank you very much for your thoughts :)

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
aww im sorry that your little friend is over the carrot bridge . rip little lola

1 - 11 of 11 Posts