Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· is a little "special"
4,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wanting to repaint my room, but I wasn't sure what I should do with my pets! Right now Smudge, Dudley, Stan, Stella, and Squishy all live in my room. Will the smell from the paint hurt them, or will they be OK if I keep it well ventilated? I can move them if I need to! :)

But I was going to try to get the paint that is meant for kid's rooms, because it has less of a smell I believe.

· canis lupus familiaris
551 Posts
When painting a room you should always do it with the window open and fans on if you can take it.

Anyway I'd remove them from the simple fact that paint is paint and accidents do happen. When I was younger my parents painted their house and my mom's dog wagged his tail and got red paint on it lol.

· is a little "special"
4,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK, thanks everyone!

· Registered
9 Posts
I have never heard anything about the dogs. But I know our vet told us that Finley (the bird below) is very sensitive to smells/fumes. I wonder if it carries forward for other small animals.

Since their lungs are smaller, what we consider a small amount of fumes is a larger deal to them. I would certainly play it safe and have them out during the painting and probably for a day or two after. BUT, I have no reference or insight - I am just saying what I would do with my pets.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.