Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

I thought you may like to see how my girls are doing so I've got a few pics for you! I've now put lino down in their cage (apart from on the ramps) so hopefully that'll be a bit more comfortable for their little feet. They've also let me handle them a little and cheeky little Selma (I think it was Selma anyway!) climbed onto my head last night whilst I was doing the daily cleaning of their cage! Lol. They're still a bit jumpy when they're out of their cage but they're getting better!

·
Zippy Chickenshorts
1,762 Posts
beautiful! hehe...do we have a simpsons fan here?:)
lol, wonderful rats!!

·
Will It Ever Change?
7,346 Posts
great pix!! i love your homemade stuff! power to the homemakers! lol

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
Beautiful ratties!

·
Registered
410 Posts
Their cage is great! They are both adorable.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Aww, they're darling. They remind me of a rat a friend of mine owned ages ago. She looked like them. (Love the names btw :D)

Just curious, what did you do to the bottom of the shelves?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's self adhesive tile squares. I just cut them to size with a scissors then peeled off the paper on the back and stuck them down. Was quick to do and the ratties love it! Much better than that horrible wire flooring for they're delicate little feet! Lol :)

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
It's self adhesive tile squares. I just cut them to size with a scissors then peeled off the paper on the back and stuck them down. Was quick to do and the ratties love it! Much better than that horrible wire flooring for they're delicate little feet! Lol :)
Thats a really good idea and something I never thought of! I never had problems with wire cages and ratty feet,but I bet it is uncomfortable!

You just gave me an idea...something I woulda never thought of! Time for a trip to the hardware store!

·
Registered
29 Posts
So you did it underneath too? Just making sure I understand! lol I can be really thick sometimes lol Especially when I've only slept a few hours... Did you know sleep is actually good? I had no clue lol

I THINK I found a cage that works btw. But if it doesn't I might go with your idea, money is a bit tight so it depends on how much a cage is going to cost me versus cleaning out an old tank in the garage lol

Thanks for the idea, it's really good.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No I didn't put it underneath, just on the top of the floors. That was mainly because of the doors on my cage though, and I sort of need the bars to be available underneath so I can hook the door open. If you can find a cage with the right bar spacing and big enough that's a decent price, the modifications really don't cost much.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Woo! One of my girls let me pick her up today without any struggles! Breakthrough! Ha ha. It's taken a while because they were 10 weeks old when I got them and hadn't been handled much, if at all! So that's made me very happy today. It's so nice to see progress! :)

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
I think your girls are adorable...however in some of the pics, first esp...i noticed that the height levels in your cages is on the low end..rats need a cage that they cage stand on their two feet comfortably and wont worry about hunching over..

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It's only the top level that is low, they generally only use that for sleeping anyway. The middle and bottom levels (especially the bottom) they can comfortably stand on their back legs on and have a little climb around.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts