Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Noodle is our lop-eared house bunny and, of course, a little sweetie. She is 99% litterbox trained for her pee and pretty good with her poops. Several days ago she started peeing outside her litterbox. It is sometimes a whole bladder full but mostly just smaller squirts in various places. Today she let one go on the hardwood kitchen floor where she never even enters normally. She is also following me around much more than before this behavior change. We are headed to the vet tomorrow but I was wondering if any forum folks have insight into Noodle's change of habits. Thanks.

·
Resident Aquarium Nerd
9,930 Posts
Sorry if you've mentioned this before but how old is Noodle? Is she spayed? While a medical problem is a possibility, she might also just be entering her "teenager" bunny phase.

·
Betta Bomb
5,202 Posts
I second hormones. Teenager females are quite the little terrors if they are not spayed. Forgetting all their manners and such. Did you see a vet?

·
Resident Aquarium Nerd
9,930 Posts
Ah, that explains it. Sounds like a normal teenager bunny, they usually "forget" their litter-training and start marking. She definitely needs to be spayed and then you should see improvements. I would still take her to the vet so they can check her over (since it could always be something else) and then you can make a spay appointment at the same time :).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts