Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So if I spray a little perfume on the floor, my bunny Penny won't poo there?
Cuz that would be great, until I finnaly get her trained.

·
Betta Bomb
5,202 Posts
Umm, I certainly WOULDNT try that as she may breathe it in or chew on something that has the perfum eon it and get seriously ill!! Dont use heavy scents around bunnies period! If your looking for a deterrent try vinegar or just start training her. As Dragonrain said in another thread-she IS just a baby and is still learning. Notice wherever she pees or poos and place a litter box there. Place a few bits of soiled litter there so she can smell her pee and she'll likely take it from there. Your bound to step on many a buttons because she is still growing up.
My unspayed Akina still poo's outside the box because she was never really showed the importance of a litter box by her previous owner. Now I have 2 boxes in her pen alone and poo is on the floor.

Oh, just to let you know, a bunny who poo's outside the box are usually marking territory. You'll find that when they pee in the box, there is a pile of poos then too. So, I would consider spaying. My bunny Acacia is spaye and never a problem with poo outside the box :)
I hope I didnt just ramble too much, but main theing here is dont use perfume around bunny!! Good luck, and be persistent and patient.

·
Rodentologist
1,941 Posts
Don't use perfume.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.