Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you have a favorite pet charity? Where would you like to see donations go?

·
Fluffy Gerbilshorts
4,378 Posts
I dont want to say I have a favorite. I do however donate to the LOCAL SPCA, not the ASPCA. I guess I like to actually see where my money is going.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
I don't know about favorites, either. I donate to HSUS, although Pinkie has a good point about being local, and I've considered just sending my donations to the local shelter instead of HSUS. I've also donated to IMOM.org. My vet and I sent donations in Willow's name to a research/education center in Columbus, though I can't think of the name right now...I'll have to look that up. I've thought of donating regularly for FIP research in Willow's name, but have just given generalized donations to IMOM or HSUS instead.

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
My favorites are the ones I volunteer with!! :D Beagle Paws and Greyhound Pets of Atlantic Canada.I give them donations and I also give Ruff Spots donations (I used to volunteer with them too awhile back).

I ocasionally will donate to the SPCA,but mainly it is the ones above!!

·
Registered
968 Posts
I really like my local humane society.... I think the humane society in general is a good organization. Although with any large scale organization like HSUS there are probably going to be some things that they do that not everyone fully agrees with ... I love my local one, so if I was to judge the group on a whole based on my local chapter I would say HSUS (we do not have ASPCA here).

I also like to support the local rescue groups that you can find at Petfinder.com: Adopt a pet and help an animal shelter rescue a puppy or kitten. (most are non profit orginizations)... my In laws rescued their dog from one in Florida a year ago... he is a pure bred Yellow Labrador Retriever... the sweetest crazy dog whom I absolutely adore. Without Petfinder.com they would not have him.

Any rescue organization that is in it to save as many animals as possible is going to get my vote.

·
Registered
8,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, let's say if you had to pick a non-local charity ... :lol:

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
Non local??? Well then...I have not really supported alot of organizations out of my province.I did used to support a couple of rat organizations in the USA and also Greyhound Protection League,but have not supported any of them in a long time.

·
Wacky Chimpnose
6,239 Posts
I recently donated to the Louisiana SPCA. They really need some help ever since Katrina.

(A lot of us members on the Nine Inch Nails forum donated to the LA. SPCA in Trent Reznor's name for his birthday. He used to live in New Orleans for a long time.)

·
Fluffy Gerbilshorts
4,378 Posts
I would either have to pick some kind of katrina thing or some kind of retired racing greyhound organization.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts