1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
[**||Seahorse Chick||**]
85 Posts
Interesting article. But I think the pet store was likely more to blame, keeping the rat in that condition, than the "back-yard-breeders". I would assume no one even knows if it was a back-yard-breeder. It was probably a rat-mill.

Back-yard-breeders are notorious for not doing health checks or giving their animals to the best homes, but I don't think they are as cruel as mills.

Anyway since you wrote this - I think it'd be a good idea to clarify if it actually was a back-yard-breeder. Usually smaller scale breeders have more to lose by selling animals in bad condition.

But other than that, looks good, shocking story though.

·
Betta Bomb
5,202 Posts
Awful story, instead of her acting the way she did I think she could have acted in a more mature way which might have gotten more feedback from vets and rescues. In any case, stories like this need to be broadcasted across a wider range of people. Notably, peaceful demonstrations. In which this girl can take her photos and the rat and a couple supporters to go stand outside the shop and try to get a petition signed which would force regulators into investigating. I mean, this is obviously not an isolated case and many more animals have suffered and died at the hands of profiteers. And many more will. People need to stop putting their money into stores like this and instead talk sensibly and calmly to management and spca's.

Tragic this happened. :(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts