Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Resident Aquarium Nerd
10,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whenever I'm in my room I leave Hikaru's cage door open so she can come and go as she pleases. Yesterday and the day before I took some pictures :). Ignore the dust...it's from her dust bath :rolleyes:. She gets it everywhere. Oh, and I know her bed is looking pretty ratty. It needs to be replaced...I just haven't been to PetsMart recently. She's been pulling out the stuffing and making it into a nest or something :p.

For those of you that don't know, one of her eyes is always almost closed...it seems another degu had scratched it. But according to the vet it shouldn't bother her at all and it's been that way for quite a while. And I dunno why her fur is weird on her head...I'm guessing because she's molting.

"Hi mom!"

"These are my toys!"

Eating a piece of carrot by the window:

"Go away, I'm about to take a nap!"

Eating lettuce on top of the cage, lol:

About to jump:

· Resident Aquarium Nerd
10,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you! I love her :D. Even if she's the most stubborn degu ever :giggle:.

· Registered
98 Posts
She's beautiful!:blush: You don't need to explain the conditions of your home and hers. We all know what it's like! I think a messy house is a great sign of a happy degu!:lol:

· Registered
4,110 Posts
aaaaawwww :lovies: She looks a picture of health and you really don't notice her eye at all :)

Totally agree happy degu equal messy cage. I can clean my boys cages out and within 2 minutes they have spread hay, food and cardboard everywhere. Its not so good when you get people coming to look at rescues though as it looks like you don't clean them out :lol:

· Registered
243 Posts
She's gorgeous!!! :D
Have you thought about introducing her to a female friend?
They're a lot happier in pairs :)

· Registered
243 Posts
Amethystbelle said:
aaaaawwww :lovies: She looks a picture of health and you really don't notice her eye at all :)

Totally agree happy degu equal messy cage. I can clean my boys cages out and within 2 minutes they have spread hay, food and cardboard everywhere. Its not so good when you get people coming to look at rescues though as it looks like you don't clean them out :lol:

I agree completely!! :D

· Resident Aquarium Nerd
10,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

· Registered
243 Posts
Oh no, that is so sad, I'm so sorry for your loss - I didn't know :(

You're doing a great job.
Love oxxoxoxoxoxoxox

· Resident Aquarium Nerd
10,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
girlrazor said:
Oh no, that is so sad, I'm so sorry for your loss - I didn't know :(

You're doing a great job.
Love oxxoxoxoxoxoxox
It's fine :).

Eventually I probably will get another degu. They just aren't too easy to find here ;). No one has even heard of them...including most vets/petstores.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.