Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

Pictures of My New Horse, "Sky"

5K views 23 replies 15 participants last post by  rat freak 
#1 ·
O.K., Please don't laugh at me, I look really fat today. I was wearing jeans that were too big and I was wearing my husband's sweatshirt. Plus, I am fat! Anyway, Here is my new horse, "Sky", she is going to be so much fun. But I am really going to have to get used to how "sensitive" she is to the word "whoa!" hee hee. And, I was in a saddle I wasn't used to, a roper's saddle. I have never used one like it. It was weird, it made you feel like you were all tipped up or downwards funny. But, the horse was great. Soft trot and seems like a sweetie. We shall see what the future brings. I get her next Friday.

See, I look huge here! Just look at the horse, o.k. everyone? It's just my bustline that makes the top of me look so big. hee hee. Back to the horse, isn't she pretty?!

Wheeeeee!

She has a really soft trot! Looks good from behind too.

Mama Kitty is in love already!

It was so hard leaving her there. But I couldn't bring her home tonight. It will have to wait until I am back next week! But, she is mine! Her registered name is "Dueces Stormy Sky" She is between 15 and 15.1 hands tall. Just right for me!

She really needed her feet trimmed, they had left her out all winter, they will have her all trimmed for me when I get her. She has had some good training and you can tell. I was impressed with her. I am having my vet check her out next week when he gives her her shots. The lady selling her to me knows my story about Partee. She has agreed that if for some reason that this horse doesn't work out for me at any time, she will take her back and will fit me with another one. Nice, huh? And, she is giving Partee a great home with super good care. This mare that I am getting looks so much like the gelding that I originally purchased last year it isn't even funny. The one that I fell in love with at an auction. I purchased him only to find out that he was only greenbroke! He threw me when I asked him for a gallop! I got a concussion out of that deal. Yes, my horse dealings have not been great. But, I am hoping that this one will be the one that turns out o.k.

See less See more
#7 ·
What a beautiful horse and don't you dare talk down about yourself! Your not fat,nor ugly!

Watching that video makes me wanna go riding!!

#8 ·
Your gonna have 3 horseys now? Hehe, Im gonna steal them! XD
Sky is sooooo pretty! :heart: She reminds me of Tina! ^^
Oh, and guess what? I gots boots! :D

#9 ·
Great pics and gorgeous horse. Here's a favorite quote of mine that I made up..."Never put yourself down; there's enough people in the world that will do it for you!" You are a beautiful woman!! And I'm not just saying that to make you feel better about yourself!

#13 ·
Update On The New Horse

Wow, you are all so wonderful to me! Thank you so much, from the bottom of my heart. Well, that last post has been almost a week ago to the day, I'm back from vacation and have had some time to think about the new horse and have had time to panic a little too! When I left her last Friday, I had put a $500.00 non-refundable deposit on her. (Most likely my first mistake) They were to trim her feet and put some shoes on her while I was gone and I was to call today to make further arrangements. Since, my family has really gotten on me for "jumping" into another horse deal so quickly. So, I am trying to slow down a little. There are a few little glitches that I would like to iron out before bringing her home and I am working on them now. At this moment, she is going through a "vet check" and I am nervously awaiting a phone call. I talked to the vet and the vet knows my past experiences and knows my worries about this horse. "If" she passes, she will then give her all of her shots & worm her today. But, there is one other little problem. The owner of the horse is out of town, and not able to sign the horse over to me. I know better than to pay for a registered horse and "get the 'transfer papers' later", it can be messy. So, that is my next obstacle. I haven't gotten the horse yet and I already feel like I am practicing English riding . . . "jumping hoops!" I'm exhausted from this vacation and just hoping that I am thinking clear. Wish me luck!

#14 ·
beautiful horse!! she does ride pretty, little prancing feet! and your'e not fat, gah woman you just have big boobs, be glad lol i have little boobs. *licks salt block*
What a beautiful horse and don't you dare talk down about yourself! Your not fat,nor ugly!

Watching that video makes me wanna go riding!!
I agree whole heartedly with all that these statements contain. :blush:

#15 ·
Vet Check Came Back

Sky passed the vet check! Whew. One less hurdle closer to bringing her home. The only problem the vet had with her was when lifting one of her back feet, she kicked out at her. I didn't have that problem with her last Friday, and she just had shoes put on yesterday, so maybe she is just sore. Plus, I am sure I can work her through that little nasty habit. The vet thinks she is coming into season too, which may contribute to her being naughty. She will also need to have her teeth floated in the next 6 months, no big deal. But other than that, the vet said that she thought she was a good horse. No signs of ever being lame! YEA! Now, one hurdle left, (I think!), and that will be the little issue of the owner signing over the transfer papers. Then, she will really be mine. But, I really think I need to stick with it. Because I need that transfer title. You can give me the original registration for the horse all you want, but without the "signed" transfer paperwork, they are worthless.

#17 ·
Charlene...im gonna have to poke you....:poke: x 100!!! *pokes Charlene all the way to the mirror* now LOOK.....

You are gorgeous! Dont you EVER forget that or listen or believe otherwise!! Like Nat said...its boobs. I would be glad to take some from you...lol! You are a beautiful lady outside and especially inside!

Your new horse is gorgeous too! Congrats!

#19 ·
She's Here!

My pretty prancing princess it finally here! She got here this morning. She is SO pretty. I'm still sick, so I stayed out with her as long as I could and then I had to tend to my other mare who had a really hard time with separation anxiety when Partee left. I spent all morning with both of them. It's hard to be in two places at once! But, they will be o.k. I took more pictures and will most likely post them later tonight. I just need to go and lay down for a bit. My fever is back. But, YAY! She is HERE!

#21 ·
*steals SKy* hehe hey in the video (You need to post more vids!!) hehe you get a mini riding lesson!! :p

Bring your elbow closer to your side, keep your hands withing a little 6inX6in box. Hold your hands over her pommel, I'm envious of your nice flat straight back!!! GAH!! I always slouch LOL. Push those heels down missy!! other than that she looks like fun!!! hehe! I want your back!! gha beautiful!

#22 ·
Fae, thank you for the lesson! Can use all of the help I can get. I do know about putting your heels down, but I could barely reach the stirrups . . . LOL This was my "test" ride to see if I was going to purchase her and we tried to adjust the stirrups twice. I finally gave up and just rode her. I am so rusty in riding it is pathetic. I desperately need lessons. Finally have someone who is going to teach me! I am so excited. Only $15.00 a lesson, anytime I want. She is great. Still would prefer you! :yes:

#24 ·
Awww Sky is sooo beautiful! I love paints

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.