Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's his tail area. He has a curley-q tail and the smell comes from the fold around it. Nothing works to clean it. Rubbing alcohol was the best and it lasted a day. I have tried everything. The vet said it was his anal glands but it isn't close to his rectum. In days it's brown and clumpy...basically the grossest thing in the world. Not really but the smell is. Any advice???

·
Registered
5,083 Posts
sounds like he has an infection in his skin fold. it needs to stay dry or bacteria will grow.

The vet said it was his anal glands but didn't express them?

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
i recommend you bring him to another vet for a second opnion.

·
Betta Bomb
5,202 Posts
If this is not the work of a troll and you actually put rubbing alcohol on your dog's anus I advise you to go back to the vet and have them tell you a safer way to clean him. Bulldogs are so grossly mutated that they cannot lick their own butts. Baby wipes and plain ol' water with a mild soap (hibitane) will help the smell. As kendalle stated, the folds NEED to be cleaned of bacteria and germs..

If the vet said it was his anal glands they should have expressed them. They usually do it free of charge. You can do it too if you know where to press. However, the stink that comes out of them can clean clear a room and I wouldn't do it unless the vet gives it a heads up..

·
Registered
802 Posts
What are you feeding him? Definitely the smell coming from in him and start with the "express" and observe for improvement.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts