Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday, I went and bought a brand new hedgepig from a girl, who seemed respectable, that went to school nearby. She seemed kind of fat (the hedgepig!) and not very well taken care of, but I felt she'd find a better home with me anyway, so I went ahead and bought her. I brought her home and immediately gave her a bath, and I noticed some odd yellow-white lumps on her sides and legs that I've never seen on any other hedge in the past. She also had gross, dirty eears (that seem to be all better now that I've bathed her), and some dry, flaky skin on the outside of her ears. I was wondering if anyone has seen this sort of thing before, and what I can do to help the poor dear?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
i dont no anything about hedge hogs but it sorta looks like urine stains ? i could be wrong thou

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, they aren't urine stains. :/ They are pretty firm, almost like big pimples. If they were stains, I would hope they would come out when I scrubbed her down! :(

·
Registered
2 Posts
You should really visit a vet as any albino animal is more prone to skin cancers as they have very little protection from uv

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
I hope little hedgie will be ok :(

·
Resident Aquarium Nerd
9,930 Posts
I'd take her to a vet for a general check-up. There might be other things wrong (the hedgie was obviously poorly cared for) that you can't even see. And if there's nothing major wrong, the vet can give you peace of mind :).

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
any updates on her ? :(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts