Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My cats are so obsessed with my little dwarf hammy and I have to be sooo careful and watch them all the time when they are around her. I even have her cage in the middle of a small animal exercise pen to protect her. When I was filling her bowl this morning I left her cage door open for just a second. She didn't even climb out but was standing infront of the door looking out, and my cat Tiger was able to get a paw through the exercise pen bars and he whacked her on the head! :( She got scared and squealed really loud. I was so mad at Tiger! :mad2: That cat is so obsessed. He spends almost all his time laying by her cage, waiting for her to come out. :rolleyes: I've never seen anything like it! I think he's just really curious and just wants to paw at her. He's lived in an apartment all his life and he's never seen anything like her. Luckily she's ok and she isn't scared anymore. I don't want her to think she's going to get attacked everytime I open her cage door. :( Poor little girl. :no2: :hammy:

I wish I could teach the cats to leave her alone. I've tried the spray bottle but they don't listen. I'm going to try "the can" (coke can filled with coins.) That seems to work for everything!

·
Registered
4,887 Posts
Poor CreamPuff! Sometimes I wish my bunny was more afraid of the dogs, but alas...he's constantly trying to get out and chase them (bun chase the dogs :lol: )

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Chinchilla_Girl said:
Poor CreamPuff! Sometimes I wish my bunny was more afraid of the dogs, but alas...he's constantly trying to get out and chase them (bun chase the dogs :lol: )
Yep, my buns chase my kitties too. :rofl: The cats know better than to mess with them! The hammy is a different story though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts