Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just learnt today from a phone call from my mom that her 12 year old golden retriever will be going in for surgery on monday. She went to the groomer's with wiston on wednesday and they continuely knicked her and they knicked where her tumor is on the lower part of her stomach. It's been bleeding ever since then and it just bled worse so my mom took her to the the vet thinking she would be put down but thankfully our vet said it's an isolated tumor so that's why he will do the surgery. I think if this doesn't help at all she will most likely be put down so she isn't in pain anymore. She has had cancer for awhile and has artheritis so she has a really hard time walking up and down the stairs and continuely falls down then. I really hope this works out and we still have atleat another year or two with her as she is such a sweetheart.

This is specky(sorry not the best picture since i only got half of her)

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah she is gorgeous. She has produced gorgeous puppies to when she was still breeding(the day we picked her up we saw one of her puppies. Looked exactly like her though it was a male and his name was solo) I will keep updating on how she is.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks she went in at 9am so i won't know for awhile. Though when my mom said she bled on her bed i thought maybe only a little bit there were two blood spots the size of basketballs and she was still covered in blood a little bit since my mom didn't want to give her a bath incase it made her in more pain.

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
awww i hope she is ok

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Yay ^_^ So Happy

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I couldn't be happier that she is okay. I would be completely heartbroken if she passed away. She has been in the family since i was 17 years old.

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
I couldn't be happier that she is okay. I would be completely heartbroken if she passed away. She has been in the family since i was 17 years old.
I know that feeling my moms dogs 18 i think it is this year

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
She's one of those dogs that's irreplaceable. Don't tell my boys but sometimes i love her more than i do them.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks. I am happy since we get to see her on sunday as we haven't seen her before her operation. It is very scary. I hope neither of my boys will have to deal with anything like that.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
When we saw her she was back to being herself like she is a little puppy. The only thing that's different is she has a pretty good chunk of the bottom of her belly. It doesn't bug her either which is good.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts