Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I adopted two older females, they are about 14 months old. I also bought two girls, so I thougth. One turned about to be a boy. They were all together for about 3 weeks before I noticed the girl was a boy, because his testicles dropped. I am very worried now that maybe my older piggies could be pregnant. I can not afford to have a csection as I have read this may be needed in olders sows. If they are pregnant, is there any way that they could deliver with not problems. The male has his own cage now. He was about 6 weeks old when I got him, so I am not sure if he would have mated with them. Any advice would be helpful, as I am so worried.. I love my adopted piggies and can not imagine loosing them.

Thank you so much.

·
is a little "special"
4,131 Posts
http://www.guinealynx.info/breeding.html

I would REALLY try to get an emergency spay done, because having babies for the first time after they are 8 months old can kill them. Her bones won't be wide enough to pass the babies through.
If you can't afford it, maybe you could talk to the vet or the rescue you adopted them from and explain your situation? They might be able to work out a payment plan with you.

Sorry, but it they are actually pregnant, you don't have many options. :(

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the info. I will call the rescue. The store where I bought my new piggies assured me they were girls.... well they were wrong. I assume this must happen often.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts