Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! I want to start a looong thread, everyone share your favorite pictures of snack time with your rats and maybe a little bit of information about each picture. Hope this catches on!!

Lilly, Mercedes, Minnie and Gracie's eye. Lilly is especially enjoying this treat because not only is she getting playtime with her girlies, she's getting her FAVORITE wet cat food. And a nursing Mommy needs the protein! LOL.

Mercedes and Lilly. I have never seen any of my girls boggle, but Lilly definitely has blissfully half closed eyes! That's good enough for me.

Lilly and Minnie. If you look closely you can see Minnie's little tongue. >.<

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Make them something they can't run away with, like smooshy baby food or yogurt on a spoon or a small bowl of Ensure. Then they will have no choice but to stay in picture range lol.

·
Registered
90 Posts
haha well i think one of my rats is obese, cause at first i didnt know that he was hiding his food until the first time i cleaned their cage found his stash

·
Registered
90 Posts
and he does it now all the time and its so funny cause he thinks he's smart now, cause he'll empty his food dish out and then when we walk by him he runs and sits dish, after feeding them an hour earlier

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Ahh, love the pictures!! So nice to see Lilly getting to have her favorite snack and it is so good for her since she is a new momma, that is great! And your other girls are SUCH dolls! Minnie, what a little sweetheart. Give your girls smooches from me. :wavey:

Thanks for posting these!

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
I showed the pictures to my husband just now and he also loved (as did I) that Lilly was getting a "girls' night out" with her girlfriends to get a break from the kids, heh heh! I can hear Minnie and the others saying, "Hey Lilly, let's grab some cat food lunch and some hang out time, you need a break from the lil ones eh?"
:D

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Vlad, I am glad you and your hubby liked them. I think it's time for you to post some. ;)

·
Registered
228 Posts
Hey guys! I want to start a looong thread, everyone share your favorite pictures of snack time with your rats and maybe a little bit of information about each picture. Hope this catches on!!

Lilly, Mercedes, Minnie and Gracie's eye. Lilly is especially enjoying this treat because not only is she getting playtime with her girlies, she's getting her FAVORITE wet cat food. And a nursing Mommy needs the protein! LOL.

Mercedes and Lilly. I have never seen any of my girls boggle, but Lilly definitely has blissfully half closed eyes! That's good enough for me.

Lilly and Minnie. If you look closely you can see Minnie's little tongue. >.<
What kind of cat food is the best? I don't want to get them fat, but I'd love to try it. None of my babies are older than 4-5 months. Most of them are about 2 months.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't know what kind is considered best but I buy the Whiskies twelve can pack that's five dollars, and I give the girls the chicken and liver pate. There's also tuna and whitefish and chunks of something in gravy but the pate is the highest in crude protein, I believe it's 11%, and it's the least messy. Plus I remember something about rats and fish being bad, but I don't know where I heard that or if it's even right, just one of those things in my brain.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Well, here is Stanley thinking he's going to get away with eating a candy pumpkin at Halloween. (Don't worry--he didn't get to, much to his chagrin!) He was about 3 months old in this photo:

Here are Russell and Stanley fishing for peas last summer:

Here is Russ eating a cheerio:

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Breyer, I had never seen those photos of Russ and Stan before, including the candy pumpkin picture..that was so cute looking!

Shayna and Liam, I saw your post suggesting that Marc and I post some pictures of our boys, so I was not sure if you knew this or not, but Klausse and Wolfgang, our two boys, passed away last September from mycoplasmosis. :(

We are hoping that perhaps this coming Fall or Winter, we might adopt some new kids. If you wanted to see what our boys looked like (and I still love to show off their beautiful faces), I think you could pull up their photo memorial I did on a forum search. It would probably be under "Klausse and Wolfgang Have Left Us". I did a full pictorial of them, from the time they were babies and later on when they were big boys. We still miss them terribly, every single day. We have their photos framed all over our house so we can "talk" to them. :dream:

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
*footinmouth* I'm sorry Vlad. I guess your signature should have been some indication, I didn't even think about it. I'm going to search for that thread right now though, I want to see it. @Breyer... that fishing for peas picture is so adorable. I love it, when I showed it to my daughter she laughed and laughed. None of our rats like to fish for peas and she has helped us try to teach them, I think the laughter was because she was impressed with Russ and Stan.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Oh, no problem at all and nothing to be sorry about. I yak away on this forum all the time even though my babies are gone, partly because it is very comforting to see other people's ratty babies and to talk about all things ratty. It makes me still feel like part of the rat family here on the forum. :)

·
Registered
2,347 Posts

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
@Shayna&Liam: That is hilarious! I'm glad she got a kick out of the photo! It is easy to train them to like water and to fish for peas. Just start out with a regular plate with just a tiny bit of water, and some peas/rocks/toys in it. Let them explore. As they get used to it, you can get a larger plate with a bit more water, then graduate to a brownie pan or any other pan-sized tray. (I've also used a plastic painting tray.) It just takes patience to get them used to the water, but it should work after a while! :D

And Vlad, it is always so great to see those photos of your boys. :heart: That is another reason why I like forums, because we can still search back and see the old pictures from everyone's babies. :)

·
Registered
1,317 Posts

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Aww, thanks Breyer, I love to see photos of everyone's babies on this forum. Makes me feel like a ratty mother to hundreds of adopted babies, from afar, if you know what I mean. A nice place to visit, this forum. It is always a good feeling to talk with other people who know how absolutely wonderful rat kids are...a class by themselves eh? And, your videos of the boys pea fishing was a great idea to post for Shayna and Liam's daughter..she will LOVE those! :yes:

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Wow, I just saw those pea fishing videos again and the older one, when the boys were younger, was amazing to see, because they look so much smaller and full of energy! What cuties. :sneakyhug

1 - 19 of 19 Posts