Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My female had a litter of kits (7) ten days ago and I'm 99% sure she is pregnant again. It's strange though because she is already the size she was when she gave birth to the last litter and it's been ten days or less that she's been pregnant of course. I read in another thread that Lilspaz thought it was a tumor in another situation, However I can feel a few individual lumps inside she and I also know what a tumor feels like vs a pregnany belly. A friend of mine has a rat with a tumor :/. I guess this type of thing really is rare because I haven't been able to find hardly any info on it. Does anyone have any info for me? :(

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
if shes pregnant again she needs to be removed from the male right away or she will keep having back to back pregnancys which isnt healthy for her or the pups.

·
Rat Rescuer and Hospice
1,883 Posts
My female had a litter of kits (7) ten days ago and I'm 99% sure she is pregnant again. It's strange though because she is already the size she was when she gave birth to the last litter and it's been ten days or less that she's been pregnant of course. I read in another thread that Lilspaz thought it was a tumor in another situation, However I can feel a few individual lumps inside she and I also know what a tumor feels like vs a pregnany belly. A friend of mine has a rat with a tumor :/. I guess this type of thing really is rare because I haven't been able to find hardly any info on it. Does anyone have any info for me? :(
Was the little mom in with males when she gave birth? If so you have a post-partum pregnancy BUT at 10 days you would not be able to feel anything at all.

The other option is that she retained fetuses and she has babies still in her uterus. She needs an experienced vet. Any vaginal discharge or smell?

·
Rat Rescuer and Hospice
1,883 Posts
I could have been mistaken about the pregnancy. it was 3 am and I was very tired. The things that sleep can do. I will post again if she gets bigger
the best way to determine pregnancy (if you don't have an ultrasound machine!) is to weigh her daily, at the same time each day and track her weights. Pregnancy weight starts off slow but ramps up and is very obvious to the experienced breeder or rescuer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.