Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! This is my brand new mouse Pretzel! He is the cutest little mouse baby ever! He is very curious and brave..not scared of hands at all!! His brother who doesn't have a name yet will have to go back to the petstore because I can't afford to keep him..he is a little shy and runs and hides whenever I open the cage so I dont have a picture of him..but anyway!
Here is Pretzel!

http://tinypic.com/r/2i1k3s1/6

·
Official Loofah Tester
1,365 Posts
Oh my god, he looks like a pretzel. :D Dawww.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Haha I'm so happy with him :) I hope I will be able to train him to like sit in my hand to get a treat and stuff..im sound training him now by making the same sound every time he gets a treat so i hope he catches on! Any ideas for tiny mouse treats that would be good to use when doing this? Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
They seem to like yogurt drops, maybe a small amount of sunflower seeds. They're pretty fatty so a small amount should be given.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Congrats on your new mouse! And despite having to take back the brother (which I wouldn't normally recommend), in this case it is probably for the best, because keeping two male mice together could be a fatal combination. With male mice, you should only keep one per cage because they will almost always end up fighting each other, and in many cases until one dies.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah i felt really bad about just taking back the brother to the petstore..i did try to find a home for him for about a week before i brought him back but no-one wanted him:( Pretzel is doing great..he does smell but its not unpleasant:) he is super curious and whenever i open up his cage, he crawls up the mesh and walks right into my hands..he is a fearless little man!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts