Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Animal-Holic
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings everyone, I haven't been active here in quite some time, but by a tad bit of luck I have come across an oppurotunity to get a hedgehog. Having never owned one before, I've done get a bit of research. Was just wondering what tips you'd give a first time hedgehog owner.

·
Herp Nerd
1,115 Posts
My primary tidbit of advice that I like to give to anyone with a hedgehog is to give them as much space as you can, and a good quality, large, wheel to run in. As much as they sleep all day, hedgehogs are astoundingly energetic at night. Mine run for hours at a time, seemingly non-stop, and when not in the wheel they do laps of the cage.

They're pretty indiscriminate with where they poop, so keeping their cage and wheel clean is important. Cleaning frequently also helps prevent the other common problems with hedgehogs, waxy gunk that builds up around their ears, and mites - which can just seemingly show up out of nowhere sometimes.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Wondering about getting a hedgehog?

Hey! Hedgehogs sure are cute, but there are some things you should know about them before you make a decision. Check out the 'Do Hedgehogs make Good Pets?' article at Petstail.com to see if hedgehogs are for you. Good Luck!

·
Animal-Holic
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've already read through it, and a couple other things talking about things to know before getting one. I feel it would be a good addition to my family, and I simply.came here to figure out if there are any details related to their care that are more vague.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts