Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am getting a puppy. i am stuck between border collies, and these puppies that were abandoned in the dump so we dont know the breed. the pics are of them. im stuck between which one to get, or one of each am not going to really get both,but im stuck which one to get have researched border collies alot but these puppies are in need of good homes when they get old enough. anyway whcih would you choose?

Attachments

·
Registered
5,083 Posts
if its between breeder or shelter i would get from the shelter... but really i would meet the pups and decide which one picks you.

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
i dont believe its about breed it should be about personality, a dog can look like a sweetie and be vicious where others can be calm and others overly energetic, id go with personality.

·
Registered
4 Posts
if the border collies are from a puppy mill or breeder, I say definitely go with the pups in the picture that were abandoned. But, like the above poster, it does depend on the temperament of the dogs, which may or may not be hard to tell this young (I don't have much experience with pups). Even though every dog deserves a good home, I'm always a sucker for shelter dogs :) Good luck.

·
Betta Bomb
5,202 Posts
I'd definitely go with the rescues.
They need a home. A border collie is intelligent and a fast learner but become easily bored without a job to do. They NEED to work for hours a day or they can become lethargic and destructive with boredom. Granted, any dog you choose should be properly exercised anyway but Border Collies are among those breeds that unless you have the space and time to give him then you sholdn't go with them- for their well being.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts