Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Somebody left a puppy on my door step. I took puppy to vet and found out he was about 4 weeks. He hadn't gotten his balance to walk, just cutting teeth and still sucking or trying. I just lost my 15 yr old so this may have been a sign; However, I've never raised a puppy so young. I'm giving him puppy milk every 3 to 4 hours and soft canned food at least 3 times a day. When do I introduce dry puppy food. Potty training has been issue he will just pee where he stands, it doesn't matter how many times I put him on a pad. I've started walking him outside to potty train and that's not working.

·
Registered
5,083 Posts
you can start wetting down puppy food in a week or so, and slowly reduce the water you will know when they are ready to switch by how they act. 4 weeks is a little young to expect much potty training in the next few weeks you will see him be able to hold it a lot better.

·
Registered
802 Posts
That really sounds a sign, hope soon you can share a photo of him..

·
Registered
9 Posts
I agree with somebody. he's only 4 weeks so i wouldnt expect miracles here anytime soon but keep taking him outside as much as possible so he gets the idea. unfortunately in my Yorkie's situation only crate training helped. pads and newspaper ideas didnt do anything. what breed is he?
and just wanted to add that its sad that people just leave little ones at someones doorsteps but im glad he was left at the right one. Lucky!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts