Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How can I tell the difference between a purr and a rumble/unhappy noise? I go to Jackiesguineapiggies.com all the time and listen to the sounds and I thought that when I "scratched" my boys fur backwards they were purring. But I mentioned doing that on another site and was thoroughly ripped apart for hurting them. I feel horrible now! I thought they were enjoying it! So, are there other signs to know what is happy and was is not? My poor guys...:(

·
is a little "special"
4,131 Posts
When they rumble, they will usually show some kind of discomfort. Like, mine will sway their little butts back and forth and rumble if they are unhappy about how they are being held or pet, or fidget while they rumble. Have you ever seen yours "Rumble Strut" at eash other? Compare that to their happy sounds, and you wil see the difference.

They sound you heard while you pet them backwards probably wasnt happy. Sunny will squeal if you pet her the wrong way... They are rather sensitive about that.

BTW... Did you get another pigger? I see youve added a Phineas to your siggy! :D

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay, thanks!!

Yeah, we got another boy. I have pics posted on here of him!

·
can't think of one, help
1,115 Posts
No. You should not pet piggies backwards, it is very uncomfortable for them.

·
Registered
37 Posts
My piggies never enjoyed having their fur stroked backwards, I wouldn't recommend it, but good on ya checking it out!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts