Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
canis lupus familiaris
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So heres the thing. Gina and my boys were the perfect team. Gina LOOKED big and scary (rottie x gsd) but really my boys where what attacked people. They have tag teamed someone before (Some guy broke in and ran from Gina...just to get a bad bite on his ankle from the small dogs) and it was awesome. Nobody really bugged the property.

Now Gina is gone and we have been getting a lot of...odd people around. Just last night, some tweaker with a puppy tried braking in. When we caught her, she said "our" puppy was thirsty so she was just trying to give him water. wtf....

Our yard is dark but there is nothing we can really do about it. Its not our house. So we considered adopting another "big, scary" dog lol. My heart was stolen by a young GSD X Pitty....awww.

But really thats not the problem. My boyfriend's grandmother has Beau. This is an issue because

1) She wants us to move in with her and
2) She thinks she is going to die within a couple of years (which is also a reason why she wants us to move in) and I have a feeling that her beloved Beau will be given to us.

Back home in county limits, the max amount of dogs and cats in total is 5. Here in city limits, its 3 dogs (but you can own 7 cats on top of that....) Yes I know the laws are stupid.

I have been looking for loopholes. Currently, we are working on getting a service dog certificate for either Spyro or a new dog for my boyfriend which could maybe exempt one. If not, I'm willing to pay the extra $300 for a kennel license simply because I know his grandmother would only rest in peace knowing Beau is in good hands. I'm just worried that it wouldn't take because its not a kennel. We're not breeding animals, we just have an extra dog.

So I don't know...does anyone have any other ideas maybe?

·
Betta Bomb
5,202 Posts
Hm, There are no laws here to the number of dogs one can own. If hoarding and BYB is a problem it's silent. The only by-law is that all dogs need to be licensed. I knew of someone like 10 years ago with like 5 greyhounds and a smaller dog or two o_O

So, I wonder if you can call the people in charge of the limit by-law and tell them you need a guard dog and would a "working dog" be exempt? Could you post beware of dog signs around the property? Just the sign may deter some but if people still come around the little ones can act as guard dogs, not guard so much but barking watch dogs?

·
Registered
802 Posts
That's a tough situation, there are really cities that has this law. There are places where placing "Beware of Dogs" sign are not acceptable.. See if there are any other relatives that could take other dogs in..

·
canis lupus familiaris
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was on a walk (with my boys of course) and asked some guy down the street with 5 min pins. He just pays some extra fee for one extra and Mini is a service dog...whichever one that one was lol.

We tried one pup but it totally freaked out Loki (will post more about him and special needs in a bit) and Spyro...well I guess doxies play hard till they get flipped LOL. We are thinking an older dog or another dog that needs work will be best. The pup was adopted to a wonderful home with another dog that LOVES to rough house and doesn't mind taking a beating lol.

Thanks all though. I am looking for CITY forms. I have all of the county forms. The min pin guys says that nobody bothers him and so on. I'm the first person that has asked EVER. Kind of shocking because I can hear them yap yap yap from a few blocks away!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts