Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my poor old Stanley had his first penis plug, which I discovered during playtime tonight. Needless to say, he was quite embarrassed about the whole ordeal, and not at all happy with me messing with him, but I got it out and wiped him with a baby wipe.

Since he is quite old now, and also given the large growth on his throat (which has grown toward his chest, instead of toward his larynx, which makes me a bit relieved since he's able to breathe and eat just fine), I don't think he is actually able to clean himself down there anymore. So I'm wondering how often and in what way do I need to help him with that?

The issue is that I am now traveling and out of town three days out of the week, and so my husband will have to do this on his own during that time. Tonight it took both of us to get the plug out, since Stanley is still quite strong despite being an old man! Just wondering how often and what is the best method to help keep him clean down there?

·
Registered
236 Posts
When I read your post I was like... WTF is a penis plug!! So I googled it and read this page...

http://ratballs.com/RatTails/Tails095.html

It will take like 30 seconds to read the page.. do it.. it is informative and funny!!!

I told Tonya.. well if that happens to Hector.. thats your job to clean!! lol

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Wow Breyer, I just now learned about this too. Thank you to Jimmie for posting that article! I never saw this with my boys..I guess they were not old enough for it to happen. I wish I could give you some advice but alas I am new to this too. I am sure Lilspaz or one of the other ratty veterans will give some great advice. Poor Stan, I feel for him!

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I had read about it a while back on a British forum, so I knew what to look for and when to start looking for it, but it was pretty surprising nonetheless! Poor Stan!! Thanks for that link, Jimmie. Here's another one I found, from the rat guide: http://ratguide.com/health/aging_degenerative_disorders/vesical_proteinaceous_plug.php

It looks like I'll need to check him daily now, since he seems unable to clean himself there. I told my husband he's going to have to do it when I'm gone each week, and he hesitatingly agreed! :lol:

·
Registered
236 Posts
What a trooper of a husband you have!! 3 cheers!!!

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Yes, that is great that he is going to take care of Stan while you are gone..I am glad! Send Stanley my love, okay?:wavey:

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Hey Jimmie, I just looked at that article that Breyer posted and just as an FYI, that link was from the Rat Health Guide and it is a super site for information on medical issues/concerns with your boys.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts