Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My poor Thistles quilling :( and she is the grumpiest little hedgie right now. I know it hurts them, and I even give her extra mealies cause I feel bad, is their anything I can do to make her feel better? Or do I just have to wait until shes done quilling? And I know she is cause I let her lay on my bed and when I go to sleep I lay down and sure enough I feel little pokes all over the bed lol.But yeah I was just wondering if you could do anything while their quilling to make them a little more comfy?

·
Registered
852 Posts
Poor thing...Sorry I don't know anything about Hedgies...Wish I could have been more help..

·
Registered
5,126 Posts
i sorry to hear that, i know any pet just likes to hear their owner loves them :heart: picts of her would be great ;)

·
Registered
283 Posts
You could try giving her a nice warm bath with colloidal oatmeal (like Aveeno) to ease the quilling discomfort. Mix some in the water until the water is slightly milky. You can also add a little olive oil (just a drop) to her rinse water to keep her skin nice and moist.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
alright i think I'll do that thanks fertmom and thanks everyone for showing concern :D

·
Registered
13 Posts
Mine is quilling too but I just gave him an Aveeno bath, and his skin looks a lot more better, and he actually enjoyed it. I dont know if this helps but I also gave mine some flax seed oil in his food and it is supposed to help with dry skin, which might help with quilling.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts