Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wish I didn't have to open this thread, but Louna left us today.
I took her to a new vet that was close to my house so that it would be less stressful.
I had Louna tightly bundled up in my shirt.
The vet was amazingly compassionate and sweet and sat with me the whole time and was perfect, exactly the support I needed.
She told me Louna's fur was so clean and shiny for her age, and said I had made the right decision and it was her time.
Louna fell asleep completely for almost 15 min until she let herself be freed of her sick little body.
My sweet angel is now with her buddy rats over the rainbow bridge, I'm sure she's having lots of fun already.
She bruxed until she was totally asleep.
I will miss you so much my sweet little lady. :heart:
Thank you to all my paw talk buddies for all the support.

·
Rat-Taz-Tic-ly Addicted
1,162 Posts
Oh I am so sorry to hear that she passed. You loved her so much and she was so cute. I loved all the pictures of her that I seen and she was such a poser for the camera.
Play hard Louna with all the other rattys and pasted pets. She'll be waiting for you and one day you will get to play with her again. She was deffenetly love by you so much and you could tell she really loved you.
Pease be with you at this time.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Dustette,
I checked the forum this morning when I woke up, and of course, there was your new post about Louna. I was preparing myself to see something like that this morning, but it was still hard. I guess I can't say anything magic to make you feel better except to tell you that we all love Louna so much and we know what a wonderful mommy you were to her. She loves you very much and you are right, she is already having a wonderful time with her rat buddies at the Bridge, I guarantee it. Marc told me to tell you how sorry he is and he is also sad. He loved seeing pictures and stories of sweet Louna all the time, as well as me. I am glad you had such a nice and compassionate vet to help you through this and it sounds like Louna was comfy and relaxed all the way through the process. I am sure you are comforted by that. Have fun little Louna and play and eat and groom with all of your new girl and boy rat friends. I know you are happy right now, even though we humans down here are sad right now. Keep in touch with us Dustette and leave a post when you are sad and need some friends to talk to.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
:( I am so sorry for your loss. I loved seeing Louna grow into such an adorable little lady. She was fun, rambunctious, spunky, and looked great in her zebra tent. :heart: I am glad that the process was not uncomfortable for you or her, and that the vet was very gentle. She loved you so much, and now you can forever remember all the great times you had together. Please know that my thoughts are with you, Dustette, as you grieve the loss of your baby girl.

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
aww im so sorry about your little friend :(

·
laugh often
1,690 Posts
I am sorry she has passed. You gave a safe loving home filled with lots of memories to cherish. I am sure she lived life tot he fullest.

·
Registered
641 Posts
I am so sorry for your loss :(. She was a beautiful, wonderful rat and just hold in your heart that you will meet her when its time.

·
Official Loofah Tester
1,365 Posts
Dustette. I wish I could sit by your side right now and give you a hug. Louna was a favorite of all of ours and such a very special, special little soul. I don't know of a little rat who was loved much more than Louna. By you especially, but by all of us too. Sleep well Louna, you beautiful little girl.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Take your time Dustette. We know it will be hard for awhile. :(

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you again Vlad.
I think it is going to take me a while. I still get teary eyed very easily and cry whenever I'm alone.
I miss her more than I could have imagined.

·
Registered
562 Posts
I'm very sorry Dustette, Louna was very loved, she'll be missed! Hugs for you

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
That is perfectly normal. Klausse and Wolfgang passed away 5 months ago now, and Marc and I STILL get teary eyed and think about our babies every day. We have framed pictures of them on our living room wall and their memorial table is there too, with their ashes. We even talk to them via their pictures. There was a person on the memorial page who had a beloved rabbit that passed away one year ago and she said she still misses him and cries about him all the time. When I get sad and tell Marc that I want SO bad to hold my boys again and feel them in my hands and I get choked up, we imagine what our boys are probably saying to us, as they look down. Something like, "MOM! Don't cry again, sheesh! We are doing great and having lots of fun!" So when I imagine getting "scolded" by them for being sad, it cheers me up a bit.
Sigh...it is SO hard, I know, Dustette. Louna and the other ratties that we have all lost are so much a part of our lives. They are our children so it is very very hard to lose them. Just know that we all understand the void left by Louna leaving.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thank you :heart:

I know how you feel about your boys and your messages mean so much Vladina.
since she was a lone rat I pretty much spent all my time home with her. it feels so empty, the little spark of life that made my day is gone.

I have never cried more than when I got out of the vet on Monday. I had never cried this hysterically in my life either, it hurts so much.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
I am glad my posts are a bit of a help. Marc and I both had horrible fits of hysterics when our boys passed away. To see my big strong husband, sitting in a chair in our living room and crying so hard, and then I would do the same. I know exactly what you mean when you say she was such a spark of life that you loved every day. It feels very quiet in the house when you lose your baby (or babies, in our case) and there are so many ways that our rats integrate themselves into our lives, that when they are gone, you just feel a big empty void and an ache that won't go away. I completely feel for you. We still walk in the house and start to say hello to our boys from habit, then forget that their house has been replaced by the memorial. So many habits and routines that people have with their ratties, and it just plain hurts to have it stop like that. It takes a lot of getting used to. Breyer herself even said awhile back that she almost did not get Stanley and Russell because she remembered the heartache of losing her first two boys. So, anyway, I guess I have said enough. We are here for you and we understand the crying and the awful hurting you are going through. I know Louna is looking down at you and thinking what a great mommy you were and hoping that you won't be sad for a long time.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
P.S. Is your boyfriend taking care of you and giving you a shoulder to cry on? I hope you are getting some good support from him and that he knows what Louna meant to you. It helps to have someone to lean on.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
yes he completely understands, he said to me that I had lost my friend and that it was very sad, and he cheers me up by reminding me she's in ratty heaven and she's already having lots of fun with all the other ratties there.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I am glad my posts are a bit of a help. Marc and I both had horrible fits of hysterics when our boys passed away. To see my big strong husband, sitting in a chair in our living room and crying so hard, and then I would do the same. I know exactly what you mean when you say she was such a spark of life that you loved every day. It feels very quiet in the house when you lose your baby (or babies, in our case) and there are so many ways that our rats integrate themselves into our lives, that when they are gone, you just feel a big empty void and an ache that won't go away. I completely feel for you. We still walk in the house and start to say hello to our boys from habit, then forget that their house has been replaced by the memorial. So many habits and routines that people have with their ratties, and it just plain hurts to have it stop like that. It takes a lot of getting used to. Breyer herself even said awhile back that she almost did not get Stanley and Russell because she remembered the heartache of losing her first two boys. So, anyway, I guess I have said enough. We are here for you and we understand the crying and the awful hurting you are going through. I know Louna is looking down at you and thinking what a great mommy you were and hoping that you won't be sad for a long time.

I always think about getting home to her when I start going up the 3 flight of stairs to our apartment. I said hello to her first thing when I came home and bye the last thing when I left, all the time. Losing all that routine is very hard.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts