Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
is a little "special"
4,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday my little Netbook get a virus! I'll miss him. :( Hopefully he can be saved!

Arggg. I guess it actually meant it this time when it started spazzing about a "security thread"! What losers created computer viruses in the first place?!

It has my Photoshop and my pictures on it, so I won't be able to post pictures or anything until it is fixed. I'm so annoyed right now!

(BTW, my Netbook is my midget laptop, not a pet... Incase anyone needs clarifying, LOL.)

·
Premium Member
4,212 Posts
May your netbook arise from the ashes of the virus, to begin life anew again!

Haha in all seriousness though, I'm sorry about that. I don't even want to think about all the countless times I've had to reformat computers due to viruses. It sucks...but hopefully you'll get it all figured out! Good luck!!

·
is a little "special"
4,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, make like a Phoenix, little netbook! :p

Thanks. I just got it over the summer, so it better survive this! I'll probably be dead by the time my dad actually has time to fix it though. :rolleyes:

Oh, and I meant security threat , not thread LOL.

·
Resident Aquarium Nerd
9,930 Posts
That sucks, what firewall did you have? I hope you can fix it!

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
i had a netbook before and thats exactly what happened it got a virus and crashed, its like do people have nothing better to do with there time then create stupid computer virus's its as bad as people who hack other peoples accounts argh

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
Awwww,I am sorry for your loss.
Hopefully he comes back from the "dead" good as new.

·
is a little "special"
4,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the condolences guys. :p Haha.

I have no idea what firewall/anti-virus thing I have, my dad would have done that. I'm not a very techy person LOL.
But it should come back to life in a few days. I just hope all my pictures are safe, because some of my recent pics weren't backed up. :( There's a good chance that they are fine though, I guess.

·
Betta Bomb
5,202 Posts
Wonderful news! Re-born from the firey ashes of doom. You should get a phoenix sticker for it ;)
I use Windows firewall, and somehow my computer magically downloaded McKafee from Matt's compt. I had Avast installed when I got the comp ... I don't know if that's a lot but I never once had a problem!

·
is a little "special"
4,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It already has a peacock "skin" thingy on it, haha! :p I got some ADORABLE pics of Smudgeykins I want to post, so I sure hope it gets pixed soon.

BTW, would my browser have anything to do with it getting the virus? I have Internet Explorer, but I heard it sucks.

·
Zoo Keeper
1,367 Posts
Moxilla and google chrome are so much better I favor chrome its faster but it can be tempermental and you cant bookmark easily

·
is a little "special"
4,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
IT LIVESSS!
I'm happy to say that I am currently posting this from my lovely netbook! :D

Apparently it was this new kind of virus that "lives" in an account and disguises itself as software, and tried to get you to install it. No wonder it kept asking me to install everything. Anyways, the software-like ninja virus has been defeated! :D

·
Premium Member
4,212 Posts
Glad to hear!! Where you able to recover all your pictures from it?

Oh man last time we had a computer crash, I thought I lost over a years worth of pictures - including all of Kitsune's puppy pictures and my engagement pictures. I was so upset. Luckily we kept the hard drive when we got rid of the computer and like 6 month after I though I had lost everything, we where able to recover all my pictures!

Long story short, haha, I learned the hard way (sort of) to always make sure to back up all my stuff!

·
is a little "special"
4,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yup, pictures are safe and sound, thank God!

Wow, that would have been awful! I had a recent scare too, because after I got back from FL I turned on my phone, and all of my 200+ pictures were gone (including a TON of Wink's baby pictures). It totally freaked me out, but then my sister discovered the memory card was loose LOL. So remember to back up phone pictures too!

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
I am glad it works again,but you should really switch browsers and go to Firefox or Chrome (I use Chrome and it is really fast and I love it)...Internet Explorer is not a good browser can make your computer unsafe.It is not as secure as it should be.

http://www.webdevout.net/ie-is-dangerous

I used to use IE all the time and then my computer savvy friend from Germany told me that in Germany they were trying to stop everyone from using IE and some areas/schools were banning IE on their computers. I asked him why and he explained that there are a lot of "holes" and security issues in that browser and people can hack in easily and such. I had a lot of issues with IE myself,it crashed on me a lot and was slow...I don't miss it!

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
Glad your pictures are fine! I lost hundreds of pictures before...it sucks.

·
is a little "special"
4,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Would getting a different browser cost money, or is it all free? I don't want any more viruses.

·
Premium Member
4,212 Posts
Browsers are free. You just need to download them. I use to use Google Chrome and liked it but we started having problems with it so switched back to Firefox. Using a new browser can take some time to get used to but now that I'm accustomed to it I really like Firefox.

·
is a little "special"
4,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hmm, maybe I'll look into switching it then. I'm always kinda scared to download new stuff though, cause I don't wanna mess up my computer LOL.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts