Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to rehome my rabbit, Honey. With our 9 month old son in the picture now, and the current living situation, I honestly don't deserve her. At this point she is unable to free-roam, nor does she have any bunny pals. I would love-love-love if someone could make space in their heart for her, give her a pal or two, and let her roam and just be a bunny, because she's certainly not getting that luxury here.

She is unaltered, litter box trained for urine, does not like being held, and loves her pellets. I think she's 3 1/2 years old now, but I'll check my records tomorrow for a more accurate age.

She would not come with a cage, but she would come with her water bottle, food dish, sleep boxes and toys. At this point in time, I don't have a set rehome fee, I just want a loving, rabbit-savvy home to take her and let her be a bunny.

Located in Otisville, Michigan.

She looks like this guy, actually :

·
Resident Aquarium Nerd
9,930 Posts
It would help a ton if you got her spayed. Rabbits are much easier to adopt out when they are :). Why doesn't she come with her cage? It might help her adapt, even if she ends up free-range. When I've adopted caged bunnies, I've kept their cages around for a while as safe spots. It's something familiar.

Good luck. Are there any rabbit rescues in your area that could help? Or maybe even ones farther away that could do transport? As I'm sure you know, it's not easy rehoming adult rabbits...but it gets easier if you have a network of people to get word out.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Mother-in-law claimed the cage for her cats, since her husband built it. She even tried to claim it WHILE Honey was still in it and get us to put her in something else, but we put our foot down on that one. *Sighs* I would love to be able to give her away in it, but it's also 4 ft by 8 ft; not something someone would typically want to have...indoors. She's in the garage as it is. I haven't had the money to get her spayed either - we're working on no income right now which is why we're living with my fiance's parents.

·
Betta Bomb
5,202 Posts
Are there any small animal rescues in the area? ALL bunnies are spayed upon surrender in our rescue, since you're not looking for money for her I would surrender her to a rescue who will ensure someone good and savvy will take her :) Good luck

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Updating...

Well, after months of having her ad up, as soon as the words "initial interview" were read, or heard, I never heard from any prospective adopters ever again. There's an Exotic Rescue close by to us, which I'm going to take a look around, ask a few questions, and see if it feels right. There's a more rabbit-themed rescue about an hour and a half away from here, one-way, which for right now is booked full. So, if this rescue we're going to tomorrow doesn't feel right, I'll wait until hopefully this other one has a space open up :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts