Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, my sister has two rather large bunnies and they are in desperate need of toys. I'd like to send them something, but I've never had a rabbit and therefore have no idea what to send. Can you all give me some ideas on making toys, or just tell me what your bunbuns like to play with? Or give me a nice safe list of household things to give them? Any help is much appreciated! Thanks.

·
Registered
63 Posts
bunny toys

aloha

I tend to buy stuffed bunnies...as long as there aren't any real chewing hazards involved!

Also, the organic apple chewing twigs from bunnyluv.com (sortof a treat not a toy....buy it works!)

betts:)

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
empty toliet paper roll is number one with my crew! also phone books, a box of shreded newspaper, and pine cones. all of these i get for free any the bunnies love them

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
my buns love their Knotty Knibbler (you can get it from PetCo & PetSmart for sure, about $2 a pop). it's a wooden puzzle ball with a walnut in the middle and it comes in a small and large size. it's built with wooden pegs and my buns love to pull the pegs out and pull it apart and pick it up and throw it.

you could make a really cute gift basket - put a couple of Knotty Knibblers, a stuffed bunny, a couple of chewing twigs, and some sweet treats - every bunny has different tastes but one treat my buns all like is Kaytie brand Banana flavored yogurt drops.

also, some other really cheap toy ideas - cardboard anything (especially intact boxes) and cheaper infant toys like plastic keys (just make sure the plastic is sturdy and won't break easy). buns love to throw things, make noise with their toys, and of course chew things.

good luck in your search!!

·
Salamander Burgermuffin
2,612 Posts
my rabbit loves cardborsd as well, but his new favorite toy is a box of old misprinted business cards i found while cleaning up my boyfriends office.. its a small box of like 250 or something but we give him the whole box and he pulls them out and carries them around, and the cutest thing is when he sorta digs threw them, it looks like he looking for someones phone number or something.. way cute.. anyway, if you have any old misprints laying around or soemthing, or maybe you could goto a shop that prints business cards and ask if they have some mistakes you could have? i dunno, just an idea :) also, if you know how to make things out of paper, they would prolly find those interesting too, altho, dont do anything to hard tho, cuz its kind of sad finding something you spent ages to make all tore up :p

·
Resident Aquarium Nerd
9,930 Posts
http://www.bunnybytes.com and http://www.bunnybunchboutique.com are both great websites for rabbit toys :). I've ordered from both of them.

Some household items that make fun toys: cardboard boxes, cardboard tubes, straw mats, untreated willow baskets, wooden spoons, baby rattles and keys, apple twigs/branches, cardboard egg cartons, and stuffed animals (if they aren't big chewers).

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone! Keep it coming, I'd like to send a nice assortment of things for them. Thanks again.

·
Registered
472 Posts
hello:) all of the above mentioned things are awesome!!! mine especially love these little white stuffed bunnies that i got from an online store called rabbitstop.com. i wake up every morning and catch Sniffles grooming hers like its real:rolleyes:

one other thing i thought of that my bunnies love is their bells. you can get some little rabbit-safe ones that are made for bird toys, but also work for rabbits. i hang them from the tops of their cages and they like to stand up and bump them with their noses. its cute. and it seems to amuse them. hehe :cloud9:

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Fane81 said:
hello:) one other thing i thought of that my bunnies love is their bells. you can get some little rabbit-safe ones that are made for bird toys, but also work for rabbits. i hang them from the tops of their cages and they like to stand up and bump them with their noses. its cute. and it seems to amuse them. hehe :cloud9:
you can also stick lettuce and other veggies and treats in those hanging things

Charlie had one until he finally tore it up - it lasted for over a year though :D

·
Registered
229 Posts
not sure what theyre called over there..but here in england we have russelrabbit jingle balls..about $2 i think it works out at maybe less...its bigger than a tennis ball way bigger..made of 2 brightly coloured plastic halves to make a ball..its got holes in it like the cat jingleballs..and inside is a huge bell..they use it like cats do..push it with feet..nudge with noses and when too full of energy..pick it up and chuck it..not easy if youre a weeny mini lop i assure you!

i used my now grown up kids baby teething keys..i know ive seen em on american website somewhere..
the other thing empty clean pudding pots or yoghurt pots..they like to throw them..in fact our first house bun devised a way of peeing in them and throwing them at humans who disturbed her ofr she had something against that day..dont believe me..ask my now 21 yr old daughter who refused her a bit of chocolate..mmm bunny wee surprise!
I went to a pet store at christmas and bought a cuddly toy meant for dogs..it was almost round like a soccer ball..and its a purple elephant with neon pink bow..shes adorable and oscar loves her to bits..imagine his surprise when one day getting a bit over amourus with her..he discovered she had a squeaker in her belly...:crylaugh: :crylaugh:

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
anything that is sturdy plastic, makes noise, and can be picked up and thrown is sure to please :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts