Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
well.. sorry for the delays in replying the email... as for the vets... they didnt use microscopic... they just look through the skins for any signs and etc... and as for the brushing.. i just brush him like i normally do... :) and other than that i dont know... that is all i really know.. its what the vet told me..

·
is a little "special"
4,131 Posts
@Michelle: Aww, poor Ziggy! He must have looked kind funny, LOL :p

@D animality: You can't tell for sure or not if they have mites by just looking at their fur. The vets need to do a skin scraping and look at it under a microscope.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Btw is it okay to give my bunnies vitamins powder as a supplement since they cant eat veggies..they say its the subs for veggies at the time being

·
is a little "special"
4,131 Posts
... Why can't they eat veggies?? I usually stay away from extra vitamin stuff. As long as they get a good diet, it's rather unnecessary IMO.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
okay thanks!! well i dont give them veggies at the moment since they are 3-4mnths old... ive read from this forum that veggies should be introduced gradually when they are already 6months old :)

·
Premium Member
4,212 Posts
Do you give them pellets? Pellets have added vitamins and if you're feeding a good quality pellet plus unlimited hay you really shouldn't need to add vitamins, even if they are not eating fresh foods yet.

·
is a little "special"
4,131 Posts
Ok, yeah there is no need for extra vites then.
And you can actually start introducing them to veggies once they are 12 weeks now. It used to always be 6 months, but the HRS changed it a while ago. :)

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
oh really? who is HRS? id love too but im scared as it can affect their tummy... maybe its better once they reach at least 4 months? what is the best veggie to be introduced to them first?

·
is a little "special"
4,131 Posts
HRS is the House Rabbit Society... Their website is www.rabbit.org, and it's considered the bunny care Bible LOL!
You can wait longer if you want though, whenever you feel comfortable introducing them to veggies. Romaine lettuce and parsley usually don't upset tummies, if you give them a tiny bit of it. Remember to only introduce one veggie at a time though.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts