Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Resident Chatroom Blonde
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a lady who makes products for pets she goes by Laurel's Zoo on facebook and esty.com
She makes sleepy sack for critters and said she was told they would be good for chinchillas.It is made out of fleece and has a tube or something to hold it open.I sent her a message on easty and told her nooooo and posted on facebook and gave her a link here.

·
Resident Chatroom Blonde
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
she posted on facebook she has been making them for 10 years.Am i wrong i have tried using hammocks out of material only to have my chinchillas chew them up.The fleece sleeping sacks seems to me would make chinchillas hot again my opinion thus taking chance of them getting too hot.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have had sooo many customers purchase from me with pet chins, they all prefer flannel & cotton instead of fleece...but I have received a great response with the flannel and cotton.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I'm sorry, I'm trying to understand the post. Are you saying that you shouldn't use fleece?

My chins sleep on fleece daily and love it. If you have them cool enough (like you should) the fleece isn't an issue. Mine prefer their PVC covered with fleece. I don't use other material since it can cause strings with can wrap around toes. Same reason why I use fleece for my rats. It's a preventative measure. My chins will also chew on other fabric (and the buggers will ingest it if given the chance) but for me, they leave the fleece alone. They actually pull it up to try and make it more ruffly for comfort.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I don't know why i'm just not seeing this response but I don't suggest or not suggest fleece. I personally do not have chins and don't know much about them. I was just stating my customers prefer Cotton on Fleece and Flannel on Fleece for temperature purposes. (As ALL my fabric bedding is made with two fabrics, fleece always being the second one).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts