Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey!

i bought some care fresh bedding a few days ago and im not to happy with it:mad2:. the first few days with the new bedding were ok but then i realised that my rat was wheezing sneezing and sounded conjested. not only was she sick but i was too for the past week i have been coughing and sneezing because of the amount of dust.

any sugestions as to what kind of bedding i should be using?

·
Dinky Gerbilelbow
2,425 Posts
I use a wood pellet cat litter. It's great! It's not dusty and it absorbs their wee great and also doesnt smell! I found that carefresh was really stinky before you even put it in the cage and then when it gets peed on etc it just turns to mush and smells even worse!

·
Rodentologist
1,941 Posts
I love Yesterday's News, but the rats do like carrying it around the cage like little weirdos. :)

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
I love Yesterday's News, but the rats do like carrying it around the cage like little weirdos. :)
LOL. Cute.

My rats just have fleece in their cage. No litter at all. I tried unsuccessfully to litter train them, but I think they are just too lazy to care. So I just pick out all the poop each day and change all the fleece every 2-3 days.

·
Rodentologist
1,941 Posts
Mine pee in there mostly (and on their hammocks, ew), but they always wander out of the litterbox carrying some of the Yesterday's News. I keep finding little hoards of it in things for no apparent reason.

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
I use aspen and Yesterday's News.
I like both of it,especially mixed.

I didn't really care for Carefresh either.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I never liked Carefresh. I thought it got mushy as well. It does look like it would be comfy though, hahah.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts