Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Again,
I have located two possible rat buddies for Lucy. They are females at a Petsmart about 20 miles from my location. I will be able to pick one up tomorrow after work (providing it is healthy) What would be the best way to introduce the girls? If they seem compatible at the first meeting is it ok to put them in the same cage right away or is it advisable to have additional meetings first? I have heard a bathtub with a large towell in it might work well. Any opinions? Thanks Michael

·
Official Loofah Tester
1,365 Posts

·
Official Loofah Tester
1,365 Posts
You're welcome :)

·
Amateur Zookeeper
3,572 Posts
Be very careful getting rats from Petsmart (even though I read you already got her, just be careful) They are often not treated properly and have little human contact, so she might need a little more patience.

·
Registered
87 Posts
How i always introduced my girls, I put the new ones on top of the cage where the others stayed in the cage, of course kept an eye out so no one was being bit through the cages. After a while I took the rats out of the cage and put the new comers in for a while and ran off with my others. Came back in and put them back in their cage and after theat they usualy did just fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts