Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all..

So we got 2 new rats boys.. adopted them from a woman who didnt want them any more. We named them Whiskers and Robin (like batman and robin cause he climbs all over the cage and will swing from the bars too... ) She said they are about 7 months old. We started trying to introduce them them to Hector. At first they would all get excited and smell each other.. and Hector would be all interested and smell back.. Then Robin one day either nipped or swatted at Hector. Now when I try to put them together Hector freezes in place.. like he is scared stiff... That was a few days ago.. They seem to be getting better.. But I am nervous about letting them play together.. I dont want them to fight.. So I let them all out on the bed and let the new boys get near Hector but not on top of him...I put thier cages next to each other so they can small each other. .. What do you think of all this? I can do a video tonight and post it so you can see wha I am talking about.

Jimmie

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Hi Jimmie,
You are right to be careful about either of the boys getting nippy with Hector, as intros can take awhile and you are correct in not wanting to put them all together too soon in case someone attacks someone else. So caution is definitely good! I wish I had experience with rat intros and I really hope Storyseeker or Lilspaz will get onto the forum soon and see your post so you can get some great tips from them. I would not want to see sweet Hector get bullied or attacked either! Take it slow and easy as you have been doing and hopefully you will get some great advice on this topic soon!

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
im not commenting about intros :) but i just wanted to say love your new signature with ur ratty friends

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Aww. thanks!!. I felt guilty not having the new boys in the signature.. And I finally got a good picture of them.. Yea!!

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Hey Jimmie, did you read the thread that Storyseeker re-posted about the intros she did with her ratties? Very informative! I know you will get lots of good information from it.

·
Official Loofah Tester
1,365 Posts
Mine is just one newbie's story. It has insight and I'm always glad to share, but asking someone who knows is even better. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts