Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

· Registered
2,020 Posts
maybe put that the pups will not be sold till there of proper age and then put the proper age ? and that all homes will be scanned to insure that they are going to good homes ? and that if a home doesnt work out example allergies they cant keep them ect that you are to be contacted first before any rehoming is done ? just ideas .

· Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Oops, I forgot to add when they will be ready (around July 10th). I did put that on my list on kijiji.com, I'll have to go add it to craigslist. I was trying to keep it as short and sweet as possible while still giving out a good chunk of information, but I think I will definitely add that I will take them back if they have to be given up. Thanks for the advice!

http://abbotsford.en.craigslist.ca/pet/2408834042.html

How does this look? I tried to make it as appealing as possible, because there are so many pre-conceived notions about rats out there.

· Registered
2,347 Posts
Bravo, that is SUCH a great ad! I love how you said that you will not adopt out single rats and that you are also charging a fee for the rats. That is a good thing to do, because it will hopefully eliminate a lot of the riff-raff out there who would otherwise try to get "free" rodents for feeders or not be intelligent enough to know about adopting pairs only and not single rats. That is super!

These are the rules that most respectable rat breeders enforce as well (adopting only in pairs, unless the person already has a lone rat at home that they want a buddy for) and not adopting out a mixed sex pair, as well as charging a fee for the adoption.)

This is great. Also, you put out excellent information on the rats' nutritional and housing needs. I agree with the other poster too, that you need to fully check out any possible adopters to see if they have the proper home environment for rats, i.e. large enough cage, proper food, etc. Great ad!

· Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you! I was quite pleased with it, and I got to buff up on my html which I haven't had the chance to use in YEARS, so that was fun. Hopefully it only attracts seriously interested people. I was looking through all the other "Baby Rat" ads and they were all extremely basic, I wanted mine to be miles above the rest. So thank you! =D

· Registered
2,347 Posts
It is definitely miles above the rest! I hope you will get good, kind, and educated (or at least willing to become educated) owners for your babies that will give them very good homes with this ad. Keep us posted on how that goes. :)

· Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I will for sure. And anyone you bump into who's living in B.C. and is interested in rat pups... send them my way! Lol.

· Registered
2,347 Posts
I promise I will do that! :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.