Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Zoo Keeper
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed a few things about my rat boys lately ... First of all one of them is sneezing not sure if its wet or dry or which boy it is.

Second Yuki is acting weird just lazing around. He still eats and drinks but seems more sleepy and isn't active at all.

Yuki is scheduled for a neuter next week as well i dont want him to go into surgery if he is sick.

·
Rat Rescuer and Hospice
1,883 Posts
I have noticed a few things about my rat boys lately ... First of all one of them is sneezing not sure if its wet or dry or which boy it is.

Second Yuki is acting weird just lazing around. He still eats and drinks but seems more sleepy and isn't active at all.

Yuki is scheduled for a neuter next week as well i dont want him to go into surgery if he is sick.
Rat phone Yuki and see what his lungs sound ike. (Rat phoning is holding the rat in 2 hands up to your ear like a phone receiver...the rat's side/lungs are pressed against your ear so you can hear any sounds happening in the rat's lungs...do both sides)

·
Zoo Keeper
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
all I could hear was short quick breaths ( he was sniffing) and a small whistling sound when I put apollo up to my ear. But Apollo Yuki and Izzy their lungs all sound the same.

Ok so it is Yuki thats sneezing but he doesnt seem to be having any issues breathing he eats and drinks normally and his lungs sound the exact same to me

·
Rat Rescuer and Hospice
1,883 Posts
all I could hear was short quick breaths ( he was sniffing) and a small whistling sound when I put apollo up to my ear. But Apollo Yuki and Izzy their lungs all sound the same.

Ok so it is Yuki thats sneezing but he doesnt seem to be having any issues breathing he eats and drinks normally and his lungs sound the exact same to me
Just keep an eye on his sneezing, watch for excessive porphyrin and keep listening to his lungs.

·
Zoo Keeper
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok will do :) He seems to sneeze a lot several times a day though but no more porphyrin than usual. Will do :)

Should I reschedule his neuter? I dont want to risk it if he is sick.

·
Rat Rescuer and Hospice
1,883 Posts
Ok will do :) He seems to sneeze a lot several times a day though but no more porphyrin than usual. Will do :)

Should I reschedule his neuter? I dont want to risk it if he is sick.
if there's no lung sounds then I wouldn't worry. Could be change of season stuffies.

·
Zoo Keeper
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
All their lungs sound weird but thats probably me not being use to rat lungs.

And thats very true ... Plus being in the basement I am sure didnt help ... they are in our living room now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts