Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Zoo Keeper
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently saving for a double level CT for my two rat boys * squeals*

anyway I am making a list of things to get for the cage and realized I dont have an idea for actual toys really

They already have a litter box , hammocks , a 12 inch wheel 2 hideaways and some cat toys

Critter pod
Ware Manufacturing Large Fun Tunnel
Snak Shak Log
All Living Things Ferret Cube
All Living Things Ferret Tunnel
Marshall Ferret Deluxe Corner Lounge

·
Registered
3 Posts
the pet stores usually have a good selection of small animal toys, but you could also give your rat a paper towel roll/toilet paper roll, tissue box, bird ladders & perches- even stringing up some dry cereal or hanging wood chews maybe fun for your rats. The nice thing about rats is you don't have to spend a lot of money on them.

·
Rat Rescuer and Hospice
1,883 Posts
You can buy toys from hammock makers like Melissa of The Rat Stash

these treat balls are fun
http://theratstash.com/ourshop/prod_1370859-Hanging-Treat-Ball.html

I have been making my own hanging toys, with wood bird disks, shower hooks and dollar store foam shapes...rats love to shred the foam

There's also lovely signs made in foam that are fun to shred and fun to look at

There's plastic bsby chain links that you can get and wooden hanging bird toys

The toy on the left for birds is an ultimate fav. Its wooden blocks with coloured paper wrapped over them, and plastic beads between the blocks. Once the paper is ripped off, then they have a wood chew toy :D

·
Zoo Keeper
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have the baby links but i think I could make the rest of those :)

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Lilspaz, I LOVED those pictures! Who are these particular rats? They are sooo small and adorable! Are these old pictures of some of your adult rats or do you have new wee ones? I want to gobble them up they are so precious!!

·
Rat Rescuer and Hospice
1,883 Posts
Lilspaz, I LOVED those pictures! Who are these particular rats? They are sooo small and adorable! Are these old pictures of some of your adult rats or do you have new wee ones? I want to gobble them up they are so precious!!
these were a rescue from October 2009. The others were adopted out, but Xanthe ended up coming back and is still here now.

baby Xanthe, all ears and eyes

She's 22 months now. Still very small and lean :D

·
Zoo Keeper
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Aww cute :) I hope mine have a lot of life left they are all over a year

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Aww, you got Xanthe back eh! Well I am glad she is with you. What a precious! She IS all eyes and ears! Smooches to her. :)

·
Zoo Keeper
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
LOL She is ADORABLE!!!!!

·
Registered
236 Posts
I wish I lived near lilspaz so I could help her be a rat rescuer.. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts