to

MR.(ManRat) Peter D. Black

Friday, the twenty-first of September
two-thousand twelve
at 4:30 pm CST
Roomy Critter Nation; First Floor
Birmingham, Alabama
Broccoli and Corn on the Cob to follow.

The couple is registered at any place providing shameless attention.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
aww so cute :) rofl

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
AWWWWW!!!! Hooray and congrats to the happy couple!!! :kissy:

Thrilled and elated to see Ms. Custard and Mr. Pete tying the knot!!

I am officially RSVPing that unfortunately I cannot be there in person, but send our regards and congratulations!! Hoping to see some pictures of the blessed event!

Kisses and hugs to the bride and groom!

·
Official Loofah Tester
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It took two months of courtship, but yep, they're sharing a cage.

With the passing of Tucker, that left our big man cage with only three boys.

Poor lonely Custard still won't tolerate any other rat but Black Pete, and she's /still/ a bit prickly with him some times. They get along well enough however, so I decided to go ahead and push the matter by moving them in together in the massive critter nation. That would give them both plenty of personal space while they worked out their final differences of opinion.

I know we were talking about the importance of scent in the other thread. It came into to play today. To create neutral cage territory, we played musical cages. I shifted the Skittle Girls to the Man Cage, moved the Hairless B'rats into Custard's cage, and gave the Newlyweds the Skittle Girl cage.

They look forward to your non-appearance, and appreciate your well wishes with sincerest thanks.

As for pictures, in accordance to the old world rules of proper Honeymoon observance, they're requesting their full month of mead, me time, and merriment. I may be able to sneak in a shot in before too long though. :D

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Ah yes, I completely understand. The newlyweds will need some private time before the papparazi start in on them! :)

·
Official Loofah Tester
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ain't dat the troof.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Hahahahaha, I love this!! And I'm so glad to hear they are getting along better, now! I, too, will be waiting anxiously for some photos of the union. :D

·
Official Loofah Tester
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Guess who I caught sharing a hammock this afternoon during siesta!

:giggle:

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Awww! Love...in the afternoon.....in a hammock....sigh...so romantic! Well, Custard and Pete ARE on their honeymoon after all, so that sounds about right! :blush:

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
"Custard and Pete, sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G!"

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Ha ha Breyer! So cute!! :D

·
Official Loofah Tester
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
They's a snugglin' pair of ratties for sure. Daw....

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Ratties in Love...D'awww! Hoping for some mushy gushy love photos soon!

·
Official Loofah Tester
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Pete and Custard are an old married couple now. When she came home not feeling her best after her most recent tumor removal, he took advantage of her lowered defenses and took care of her, never leaving her side. Now they are always snuggled up to each other with her in the comfy warm position on bottom. He adores her.

I remember that when Pete was still a 'teen' while he was reserved with me, he always seemed to love and get along with other rats. As he matured, either he changed, or I grew to understand how finely tuned his temperament really was.

He knew how to navigate ratty politics without fights, but he most definitely had his preference, and that was big brother Jeffrey. When Jeffrey died he was unhinged for a while, beating up the other boys in the cage to the point that I had him neutered just to see if it would calm him down. He calmed down, took his place at the top of the pack, but didn't really bond with anyone else.

So it seems Pete is a manrat of sensitive disposition and deep feeling. He does not share love cheaply. He loved his dearly departed Jeffrey just like he loves Custard. In between, he let everyone else know they were not welcome inside his personal circle of being including me, though Custard seems to be having a good influence on him lately as he actually seems to seek me out a little bit when I come by. A sweet big lug of a guy, but very reserved and even a bit shy for a big boss rat. Custard is much more relaxed and fearless. I think he feels stronger with her around.

When I took some shots of them on top of the cage, I put Custard back in because she kept scaling down the side and causing havok in the room while I was cleaning the inside fo the cage. Now, Pete never comes to me when called usually. But when I finished the cage I went to fish him back from the top of the critter nation--usually a fun game of catch me if you can. So I called his name. He bolted away from me briefly as per usual,but paused and seemed to think about it. Then he ran to me and pancaked for me. He was ready to get back to Custard and while the cage was open, he's just too lazy to figure out how to scale the side and do it himself anymore. I was so proud my boy came to me, even if it was just so he could be carried back to his lady. :D

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Awww, that is so...romantic and just plain wonderful. Pete found his Lady and Custard found her Knight in Shining Armor. :dream:

It is win-win situation for both of them. Pete gave Custard someone to worship and adore her and take care of her (I keep imagining Pete throwing his coat over mud puddles for Custard to step on to cross the mud). And Custard filled the void that Jeffrey left behind. Does it get any better than that?

·
Official Loofah Tester
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It really is a gorgeous thing to see. I suspect they will not be in a hurry to accept new friends into their circle any time soon.

I'm looking ahead with my hairless guys. Poor Melon is an ailing little guy. All I can do is keep him comfy. But, when he goes, snarky Skinner will need to be integrated into one of the other colonies. He and Custard hate each other...or more accurately, they're both alike in the diva way they treat other rat confrontations. When you have two high maintenance personalities in the same room, it gets explosive fast.

I'm hoping we can find some combo for Skinner. I've tried him with Black Aggie, and they are both bratty enough that they just drive each other crazy. Aggs is a clever, clever little girl, always looking for adventure and trouble and never holding still. I have to watch her like a hawk. If Jeffrey was Indiana Jones from the Crystal Skull, then Black Aggie is Shia LeBouf. Smart as anything and full of ADHD, even for a rat.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Oh, I am sorry that Melon is not doing too well. I didn't know that, or if you mentioned it before, I didn't remember. :(

Well, he is still on the scene with his diva brother for now, so every day is a good day, right?

·
Official Loofah Tester
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
They are still enjoying each other's company which is the biggest reason I haven't let my Melon monster go yet. They live for the moment, and their days are our months and years. The day he tells me he's tired though, I'll take him in. Who knows, Skinner may fall in love with the other girls and end up with them. :D

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Agreed. I remember when Breyer mentioned something along those lines about the relativity of time and rats, and it really sunk in for me. A day in the life of a happy rat is a wonderful thing and it is far more to them than we think of, in time elapse terms. I just love that. Live for the moment!

(Achilles and Maximus..."MOM! We want more rice cereal!" Mom says, "You had some already, this morning!" The boys reply, "Yeah, but this morning was a month agoI It's been AGES since we had rice cereal! " :D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts