Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I'm new here and looking for some advice regarding four male rats I bought on Friday. I bought them from a 'reputable' breeder in the area, however I found when the breeder arrived the way he treated the rats didn't sit right with me (picking them up by their tails etc) and the day later in proper daylight I noticed they were all covered with lice/mite eggs! Obviously because I've bought 4 this will be super expensive to get treated at the vets and for now I've ordered a couple of different well recommended products to hopefully rid them but I'm really pretty frustrated with the dealer and worried about my boys. I've emailed them letting them know to check their rats and they say they have no problems with them and never have but I'm not sure I believe them. Does anyone know how long it would take mites to lay fresh eggs if they had caught it from their substrate or something? Or if there is any kind of governing body (not nfrs as they aren't registered) that I could talk to to try and get their rats checked out if it turns out they could have only come from them? Just so worried about my new boys and don't like to think of anymore suffering kits. Also does anyone have any general recommendations regarding ridding the nits? I've read up a lot but can always use more help! Thanks, all the best, Ellie :)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts