Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. My girls love to come out and play, but I won't be around much during the next two weeks because I will be working two jobs. I would love to set up some sort of play area for them with things for them to do, so I can let them out and they can enjoy themselves safely for awhile when I'm home. They often get scared if I take them out of the rat/rabbit room, so I would like to set something up in here. Any ideas on what would make a fun and safe rat play/activity area? They love to climb but I'm not sure what I could make. Thanks in advance! :)

·
Wacky Chimpnose
6,239 Posts
send em over here and i'll let the dogs chase em. :rofl: i don't have any ideas, steph, but just wanted to say that if you come up with something we'd better get pics! :D

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
formula86 said:
send em over here and i'll let the dogs chase em. :rofl: i don't have any ideas, steph, but just wanted to say that if you come up with something we'd better get pics! :D
:rofl: You are so funny! I'll take pics just for you! :headspin:

·
Registered
4,109 Posts
I just used to let mine out in a confined area such as my bedroom and they used to climb up the bed and over chairs etc and amuse themselves, i used to put carboard tubes down for them to run through but to be honest they wasn't bothered by them prefered to explore on their own and meant i could get on with whatever and they was safe but then again they used to be climbing all over me so never got much done :)

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Amethystbelle said:
I just used to let mine out in a confined area such as my bedroom and they used to climb up the bed and over chairs etc and amuse themselves, i used to put carboard tubes down for them to run through but to be honest they wasn't bothered by them prefered to explore on their own and meant i could get on with whatever and they was safe but then again they used to be climbing all over me so never got much done :)
How funny. I guess I could just shut the door (to keep the cats out) and let them run around in here. Hopefully they won't climb into the rabbit pens though! Did they pee or poop on anything in your room?

·
Registered
5,668 Posts
Don't they sell those little play pens at Petco or something? You could put that on the floor and put ramps and toys in there and cardboard boxes to let them play and exercise. :) I'll get the link if you want.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I actually have some of those, thats what my rabbits are in lol. The rats can climb right over them or walk right through the bars. But thanks for the link and suggestions Natalie! I really appreciate it!

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Padfoot said:
I would be afraid that they got inside the rabbits pens... don't you have a way of blocking the pens off so they can't get in?
Um, probably. :question: I'll try to find something. I'll be here though to supervise so I'll make sure they don't get in. They are little climbers so they would probably climb over anything I used to block them off. :rolleyes: :lol:

·
Registered
620 Posts
My girls like playing in the bathroom. It's easy to clean up in there, and there's nothing for them to get into.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts