Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Zoo Keeper
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to make a compilation of cute pictures of my rats :)

Here are some I got tonight :)

LOL Silly Apollo licking the bars

You say thats MINE?

Apollo pushes Yuki's paw away

Banana baby food is a huge hit around here

You cant leave the jar alone for 2 seconds

Look how far Mia's come :D

The rats are stockpiling lol

My pretty Mia

· Registered
2,347 Posts
Wow, what beautiful babies!! Those pictures came out so nice too, super sharp and clear! I loved looking at your kiddos...sigh, they are all just sweethearts..so precious and adorable...

Apollo licking the bars with his cute little tongue...Yuki trying to get some baby food from the spoon, and sweet Mia...just dolls! Thanks for sharing the pictures! Your lil babies are just the sweetest!! Beautiful faces, truly. :dream:

· Registered
2,347 Posts
P.S. Question? Which rat is the one that looks gray, like a Russian Blue? I saw her (him?) in one of the last pictures but I could not remember the name? Beautiful coat! By the way, I also LOVED Apollo's beautiful low dumbo ears...makes him look so precious!

· Registered
236 Posts
I love the pictures!!! Rat tongue's make me laugh!!! lol

· Zoo Keeper
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Other Dumbo is my female Izzy she is the one with the growths. They are always growing and disappearing so making an appointment with the vet is hard I have the woman I got Apollo and Yuki from coming over to check her for me tonight :)

· Zoo Keeper
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
and thanks I cant get over Apollo's ears :D After this group I will most likely always have both males and females :) I love having a mixed group.

· Registered
2,347 Posts
Ahh, that's right, Izzy! She is so beautiful....

· Registered
2,347 Posts
James, yes, aren't rat tongues just the cutest???

· Registered
50 Posts
Awh! They are all so sweet, I love seeing pictures of peoples pets. I love their tongues! What is that they are eating?

Here is my Pablo a few days after i got him.

And here he is now.... though he isn't very happy that I woke him up!

And here is Picasso in the bath.

· Registered
2,347 Posts
What cutie pies!! Love the photos! By the way, out of curiosity, I saw that you use those pellets for litter on the bottom of the ratty house...how often do you have to change all of that out? Is it Yesterday's News pellets or a different brand? I was always curious how long a layer of the pellets goes before it has to be changed. Is it more absorbant and longer lasting between changes than something like Carefresh?

· Registered
50 Posts
I actually have different types of pellets, I live in england so i don't have the same stuff over here! I tend to use recycled paper cat litter or wood pellet cat litter. I found that the wood litter absorbs a lot of smell but it is very loud when they walk about on it. I tend to mix wood and paper together. It only starts to smell at around two weeks but i usually change it before then.

· Registered
2,347 Posts
Oh, I forgot you live in England! I am so sorry, that is bad form to assume everyone on the post is in the States or in Canada, sheesh, my bad! I love when we have people on the forum from different countries, it is great! Say hello to England for me, will you? Never been there yet, unfortunately, but my husband and I love so many things from your country (big Monty Python, Shakespeare and Beatles fans for starters, heh heh) :wave:

· she-mayor of Whoville
298 Posts
Awww all the pics are great Elli. I especially love the ones of whom ever was licking out of the babyfood jar TEHEEHEHE

Also, The girls are looking really great, really happy. Great job Elli!!!!!

Ahhh Pablo and Picasso!!!! Those are great names and what cute pictures! xD thanks for sharing!!!!

· Registered
2,347 Posts
Ah, yes, I forgot to comment on the adorable photos of the baby food jar-licking! How cute is that! Those wee little tongues on furry babies...how can one resist that?? :heart:

· Registered
50 Posts
(big Monty Python, Shakespeare and Beatles fans for starters, heh heh) :wave:
No one in England likes Shakespeare over here, we have to study it for years on end and are never told what any of it actually means in school. It kinda makes you hate him a little. Though Monty Python is ace! Ever seen Red Dwarf? If you like English comedy you are sure to love it.

· Registered
2,347 Posts
Ha, that is so funny that you guys hate Shakespeare in England because you are forced to study it so much in school! Not the same over here. In the U.S. I think there is more fascination for it. I actually majored in British Literature at college so my main focus for 4 years was Chaucer and Shakespeare. We English majors LOVED it. :D

But guess what? My least favorite topic as an English major was having to study some American Literature. To me it was boring (except for Edgar Allan Poe). Go figure! I guess people love what is different and exotic to them, eh?

Yes, LOVE Monty Python. The best!! We own all their movies...love those fellows so much. Funniest men on the planet.
I have heard of Red Dwarf but have not seen it yet. I want to get that on my DVD rental queue. :thumbsup:

· Zoo Keeper
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
No one in England likes Shakespeare over here, we have to study it for years on end and are never told what any of it actually means in school. It kinda makes you hate him a little.
This is SO true even here in the US they tell you roughly what it might mean if that and just tell you read this page to this page and take a test ... REALLY?

Anyway I will try to get some ratty pictures :D

Yuki just got out of surgery and the girls cages are a mess.

· Zoo Keeper
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Bath time for Almost everyone

Sorry Yuki just got stitches so he isnt allowed out to play with the group right now. he is recovering well though vets said his surgery went absolutely perfectly.

But here are my other 6 rats in the tub lol.

Pile on Apollo

Sweet tiny Luna

Dumbo bath time

Yay everyone is in the same place at the same time

Look how big Apollo is

LOL

· Registered
2,347 Posts
Aww, those are the cutest pictures!! Bathtime for the babies! Do they enjoy the water or does it make them nervous? I was just wondering because I saw all the little poops in the tub and did not know if that was from being scared or nervous in the water. They are such sweeties!!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.