Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two pet mice, beautiful boys, they are now approximately now a year and a half old. However earlier this week i notice a little red spot on the bottom jaw of one of them, i thought it may just be one of the old scabs as they recently had mite, which have been all treated and they are fluffy and plump again, however just earlier i had another look and the spot has grown. it appears like a dark red/pink mole sort thingy... no idea what it could be, he doesn't seem to mind it, and appears in no sort of pain, still carries on eating and grooming etc.. would anyone know what this could be... of so please help :) thank you

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
you may want to bring him to the vet, it maybe a number of things but its hard to diagnoise over the internet just a suggestion

·
Registered
236 Posts
HEy Hey.. could it possibly be a tick?.. Cause a tick burries its head in the skin and eats blood.. its body can be red....Check out some pictures...
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&biw=1536&bih=747&q=ticks%20on%20mice&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=3357l7169l0l7747l13l13l0l3l3l0l205l1436l0.9.1l10l0&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi

If it is a tick.. be careful when you pull it out of the animal.. if you mess up and tear the tick.. the head can be stuck just under the skin and cause an infection..

Let us know what you find out..

Jimmie

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
deffinately not a tick, i know them from the farm animals, and horses so not that...

·
Rat Rescuer and Hospice
1,883 Posts
deffinately not a tick, i know them from the farm animals, and horses so not that...
I have a little PEW girl here who has a red rash condition under her left ear. as you can see. Shiro isn't handleable, so I am just watching. It was much worse. Mice seem to get obsessive about scratching sometimes, which is what I assume it is. She was dosed with Revolution when she arrived. It seems to be better today and she doesn't seem to bother with it any more than she grooms anywhere else on her body. I am wondering if I should lower the protein in her diet as some mice react very badly to higher protein diets.

I had one girl go through a gradual paralysis, she went to the vet but there was nothing we could do. Another mouse had an abdominal mass, etc.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Beautifel PEW... :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts