Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I was thirteen or fourteen my cat brought home a baby squirrel. He didn't hurt it but it wasn't long out of it's nest, and I didn't want to just let it go. I took him in for a few days, fed him, gave him water, got him nice and fat and then let him go in the trees behind our house. He came back all the time, I left a hamster water bottle tied to our front steps and he always finished the water in there. Then he started coming back less and less, and eventually stopped coming altogether. He was a grown up by then and didn't need me. I named him Reggie.

Now, we have a new buddy who I have christened Reggie II. Initially we noticed him when he started eating the garbage bags we put out our back door (walking to the dumpster in the rain every day sucks [we live near Vancouver] so we'd let it pile up for a few days and then do a big trip) and making messes around the back door. Since we noticed him, Reggie and I have been bonding over pieces of multi grain bread.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7G9XE39X2xE

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For a second I read that as cage and I was like "Uhh are you CRAZY?" I'm thinking about making a little wooden box to put outside though, with some nuts and stuff in it. Maybe he will make a home out of it and hang out more often. =P Did you check out the video link?

·
Zoo Keeper
1,367 Posts
Such a cutie :D I use to feed squirrels when I was little.

·
is a little "special"
4,131 Posts
Cute!!

·
Betta Bomb
5,202 Posts
A squirrel house is a great idea!! ^^ Set up a live-cam too! We used to feed the squirrels and we had 3 named... All I remember is Sargeant McSquirrel. He was the boss.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts