Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my male degu seperated from the momma female's for reason's of not wanting them to get pregnant. I had him housed with our young lady females who are now almost 3 months old. Our last batch of babies we thought were all females but low and behold 1 is a male. So I am trying to reintroduce the 3 month old young ladies to their mommy's and there sisters in prepreation to move the young male in with his daddy. I have read up on how to do this but wondered if anyone else had good advice on how to do this. Normally the young ladies would of went into my new cage but it's on back order again so in fear of them getting pregnant I want them out of the male's cage. Please advise.

·
Resident Aquarium Nerd
9,930 Posts
Since you're on a tight schedule (ideally you would have started introductions already), I would do a few meetings in a neutral territory and see how it goes. You can also use scented dust bath (vanilla extract works great). The mother should accept them fine since they're so young.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have found really short meetings in a neutral area for a few days before a serious face to face for more than a few minutes is helpful, as long as both groups are comfertable in their living conditions things will hopefully go well for you, Good luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.