Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Resident Aquarium Nerd
9,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
candyraver said:
When is the next expo? I heard Tiesto will be in New York this year.If that's true i'll definately be there,he's one of my fave DJ's.
Raves <3

Reptiles <3

Oh& Criss Angel is back& forth there too for filming shows.
Mindfreak <3

:lol:
"New York...New York" :sing:
Yeah, DJ Tiesto is supposed to be coming here :). I doubt I'll get to go but it would be fun. The next expo is July 8th :).

Ambieruns10 said:
There is a Reptile Expo here every last Sunday of the month.

I have only been a couple times. There are some shady dealings going on at this expo. I wish it would get shut down.
That's too bad. This one was pretty good :).

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Very cool pics and congrats on your crested. I'm jealous!! I just don't have time to take care of anyone else anymore.

·
Guarded by Waffles
2,921 Posts
lotta great reptiles there!

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
cool cool cool wish I could've been there I love animals
all animals
creepy crawly and fuzzy
now you make me want to go to the zoo
they have stingrays you can pet there.

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
Greyt pics! I really liked the snake,crestie and tree frogs! Oh and the uro.My friend (well she moved away) used to have a awesome uro! He was sweet...as far as reptiles go! :D

·
Resident Aquarium Nerd
9,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Vanilla_Rat said:
Greyt pics! I really liked the snake,crestie and tree frogs! Oh and the uro.My friend (well she moved away) used to have a awesome uro! He was sweet...as far as reptiles go! :D
I love Uros :). If I ever have the room I will definately get one.

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
Oh how cute those Red-Eye Treefrogs are! So funny ...i love their little toes :giggle:
I really like the pics of the turtles all huddled together too. Very cute.
And those Chameleon pics were beautiful! The big rescue iguana is a very handsome fellow.

Thanks for sharing those pics with us.:)

·
Resident Aquarium Nerd
9,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
rodentz said:
kinda depressing......

cute gekos though!:)
What's depressing? :confused:

·
Resident Aquarium Nerd
9,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
rodentz said:
the cages are a little small.
Oh, it's just temporary for a few hours while the show is going on :). Ones that aren't sold go back to their regular tanks once they are home. For example, the breeder I got my Crestie from houses most of his in 18-gallon tall aquariums.

It isn't any different then other animal shows. In dog shows the dogs are often confined to crates or pens when not being shown. And in most other shows (bird, rat, cat, rabbit, mouse, hamster, etc.) the animals are kept in small cages. In fish shows the fish are in small containers or aquariums.

Believe me, most of these breeders really do care about their animals :).

·
Resident Aquarium Nerd
9,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
rodentz said:
I know, just something about them being in little plastic containers while people stare at them.....

:(
I don't want to start a debate but it isn't much different then cat shows or something. They are still being stared at in small cages, lol.

I think most reptiles are used to being stared at. After all, that's why most people keep them ;).

That's all I'll say.

·
Registered
267 Posts
its not a debate, I dont like cat or dog shows too much either.

and thats exactly why I dont think most reptiles should be kept as "pets" to begin with. They are jsut for looks when they could be wild where they would be much happier.

theres nothing wrong with your opinion. personally I think its depressing.

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
Not to start anything,but most reptiles at these expos ARE captive bred from breeders,so they are not taken from their natural enviroments.

As Stephanie said,they are not kept in those containers for too long.And they are just like a dog/cat or any animal show.

:)

21 - 40 of 55 Posts