Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picasso's feet healed up perfectly a week or so after my last message and he was jumping around and stealing gloves again in no time. But just yesterday he took a really bad turn, he just flopped to one side and started gasping for air, i picked him up and gave him a cuddle and he wouldn't move other than to roll to one side. It became really hard for him to breath then he just stopped while i was hugging him. It was only within a few hours too so there was really nothing i could do. RIP my Picasso :(

Also, i want to bury him or something but my garden isn't really that suitable for burials even on little rattie proportions. Is there a way i can cremate my lost little companion at home?

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
I am so very sorry about Picasso and I send you my condolences.
:(

It was at least nice that he was able to pass away with you at home where he felt safe and loved.

You would need to have him cremated by a local cremation service. We did this for our two gerbil brothers and for our two rat boys when they passed away. The cremation service was offered by our local animal hospital. They had the bodies sent out for cremation and then called us when the ashes were ready, in little urns for our gerbils and for our rat boys, in little cherry wood boxes.

You might want to contact your local small animal/exotic vet to ask if they have a contract with a local cremation service for animals.
Again, I am so sorry about Picasso. What a sweet boy he was.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just joined the site and didn't get to hear the tales regarding Picasso, but I just had to let you know that I am very sorry to learn of his passing. I just got my little mouse on Thursday, March 29th, and am ALREADY attached.

The good news is that you will always have wonderful, comforting memories of your little guy. Hang in there! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
So sorry to hear about Picasso. Yes, you should be able to have him cremated through your local vet clinic (they work with cremation services, so they should be able to send him out for you).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts