Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
I'm from Croatia, and chinchilla pellet brands in my country are very limited. The closest place I can find a big pack of 25kgs is in Austria and they only have this brand Rosenlocher. The pellets are made in Germany. Has anyone heard of these or tried them and can tell me if they are good or bad?
Thanks

·
Registered
8,706 Posts
http://www.zooplus.com/shop/rodents/food/chinchilla/rosenloecher/133617

Eek. I would pull out all of the additional things like the raisins, dried apples, corn rings, sunflower seeds, etc. (rose hips can stay) Ideally in a chinchilla food you want pellets only, no sweet stuff added. If this is all you can find, please give copious amounts of timothy hay daily and remove the treats from the food before giving it to your chin.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Do something more plain like Tima, can Germany or Austria ship to Croatia? If so order from internet. Be sure to changa a chinchillas diet slowly, its dangerous if done quickly.

Good luck
zooplus.de/shop/nager_kleintiere/futter/chinchilla/tima/6551

what did you do about Malocclusion?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
zooplus.com/shop/rodents/food/chinchilla/rosenloecher/133618

this is the food, only the pellets on the left, not the whole menu...but in a package of 25kgs...

I put my chin to sleep :(

·
Registered
39 Posts
I think rosenloecher will be fine. Just make sure it is plain pellets, any extras is probably bad diet. if you only have 1 or 2 chinchillas 25 kgs is going to go stale, I am not sure how long it is good for. Our chincilla probably goes through .5 kg a month so you will likely not go trough it for years. If you are able to order on internet and can afford shipping your selection will greatly increase.

Sorry for chin put to sleep, it is sad to hear.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts